The Cooperative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF Canada) is looking for an experienced Finance and Administration Officer to further CDF’s work on financial administration of assigned project.
Project: Supporting Economic Prosperity for Women and Internally Displaced Persons in Ukraine (SEW Ukraine)
Position Title: Finance & Administration Officer
Location: Project is based in Dnipro (with a possibility of travel)
Reporting: Ukraine Country Manager
Term: 5-year Fixed Term – Entrepreneur Contract
Travel: Travel is required
The Cooperative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF Canada) has received a multi-year grant. The project is entitled “Supporting Economic Prosperity for Women and Internally Displaced Persons in Ukraine (SEW Ukraine)”. CDF Canada will implement the project in partnership with All-Ukrainian Charity Foundation “Gorenie” (Dnipro, Ukraine) , whose mission is to overcome the consequences of the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, as well as to support individuals and enterprises adversely affected by the socio-economic consequences of such conflict. The goal of the project is to enhance employment and entrepreneurship of women, who have been internally displaced by conflict and other traumatic events in Ukraine. The project will facilitate the development of trade and business skills, and market opportunities in the apparel manufacturing and garment industry. Overall, the project will support over 2,200 beneficiaries.
The Cooperative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF Canada) is looking for an experienced Finance and Administration Officer to further CDF’s work on financial administration of assigned project, under the direct responsibility of the Country Manager and collaborating with CDF Finance staff.
Financial management (50%)
▪ Verifies payment requests (travel-related payment packages, consultants, and volunteers; project payment packages to partners) for accuracy and correctness of information transfer.
▪ Tracks advances provided to partners, staff, consultants, volunteers and partner. Ensures that outstanding advances are cleared before new advances are issued.
▪ Reviews staff, consultant and volunteer expense claims for authorization & accuracy. Verifies coding and compliance with funder agreements.
▪ Ensures that claim is confirmed by appropriate supporting documentation.
▪ Receives and reviews financial reports from CDF’s overseas office and partners. Verifies the general ledger (as necessary), reconciliations (project bank accounts, advances), other relevant reports, calculation of foreign exchange rate and coding to budget lines.
▪ Brings any errors and discrepancies to the attention of the Finance Officer based in Canada.
▪ Prepares monthly journal entries on the project to incorporate the financial activities into CDF’s books.
▪ Maintains project financial files.
▪ Responds to internal & external requests for project financial information at the transactional level.
▪ Provides assistance & support for project-related matters during year-end and compliance audits.
▪ Assists Finance Officer based in Canada and the Country Manager with the annual project budgeting process as well as the funder reporting.
▪ Assists Finance Officer based in Canada and the Country Manager in the development and / or evaluation of partner’s finance systems and controls.
▪ Assists Finance Officer based in Canada and the Country Manager in the development and use of suitable reporting system for the project(s).
▪ As needed, conducts field visits to project partner locations to perform financial coaching and monitoring.
▪ Other duties that may be assigned by Finance Officer based in Canada and the Country Manager from time to time as required.
General Administration (50%)
- Works collaboratively with Ukraine project staff and HQ program staff of CDF.
- Documents formatting, meeting arrangements, organizing and maintaining files.
- Prepares and processes contracts and amendments as requested.
- Makes arrangements for travel, insurance, advances, visas for Ukraine-based project staff and volunteers, as requested.
- Schedules and makes arrangements for events, meetings, training etc. as directed by the Country Manager and/or volunteer.
- Timely submission of monthly volunteer timesheets and reports.
- Reports any HR issue related to volunteers, preparing incident reports for accidents, injury etc.
- Prepares contracts, amendments, and updates project-related files in the CDF filing system as authorized by programming personnel.
- Communicates with partners, consultants, volunteers to follow up on supporting documentation.
- Supports logistics of study tours and partner visitations as requested.
- Undertakes special projects and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Supports Ukraine-based project officers and volunteers with project-related administrative functions.
- Minimum 3 years in a finance and accounting position in a non-profit organization, foundation, or government agency preferably in an international development context.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with specialization in Accounting; Enrolment in CPA designation program is considered an asset.
- At least 3 years of experience in project administration, specifically associate-level responsibility at the international development project/organization.
- Cultural sensitivity and use of culturally appropriate approaches to communicate and interact with teams at head office and in the field, and other diverse audiences.
- Ability to work independently, and to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt, learn and change through self-awareness and management of emotions and an ability to develop supportive and productive working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy including data base management, Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel);
- Strong PC-based accounting and spreadsheet user skills;
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high degree of professionalism.
- Fluent written and spoken Ukrainian, and advanced level of oral and written English.
COVID-19 - In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and to protect our candidates’ and interviewers’ health and wellbeing, we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future. This circumstance may also cause application delays, as such we will reassess the situation over the coming months to determine if an extension to the deadline for submission is required.
Application Process and Deadline
- Applications must be received no later than August 10, 2020.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Applicants must include cover letter and resume. Cover letter must include salary expectation.
Please reference the job title “SEW Finance and Administration Officer’ in the email subject line and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted!