The Norwegian Refugee Council шукає асистента з грантів.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Are you interested in pursuing an interesting career where you can make a difference? Do you enjoy working with people from different nationalities and backgrounds? Did you ever dream of working for an international NGO? NRC works in Eastern Ukraine to protect internally displaced Ukrainians and support them build a new future.
NRC Ukraine’s programme unit is looking for a young and talented individual to join its team. As the Grants Technical Assistant, you will play a critical role in the development of project proposals and reports so NRC Ukraine can continue providing legal assistance to displaced populations, delivering water and sanitation services to affected communities, and promoting food security among vulnerable households. If you are a fast learner, a problem solver who likes challenges, and you can manage complex processes simultaneously, this job is for you.
The purpose of the Grant Technical Assistant position is to provide support to the Head of Programmes, Grants officer and Administration Unit in delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC Country Programme strategy and Plan of Action.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Prepare and submit reports
- Ensure proper filing of grant documents
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents (including through the grants database - forthcoming)
- Coordinate the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports
- Represent with relevant partners and donors as delegated. Support the Administrative team when necessary
- Maintain and update grant systems and tools that capture donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals
- Contribute to continuously improving the internal grant management systems
- Support the internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports
- Facilitate the flow of information between programs, support, and M&E for the development of project proposals and reports for external audiences.
- Support external donor audits
- Contribute to networking with donors in Ukraine in order to identify humanitarian, as well as recovery/development funding opportunities
- Assist with organizing of donor events and field visits Organize and provide support for all grant related meetings.
- University degree (preferably in English)
- Strong communication, coordination, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and Ukrainian or Russian.
- Strong Excel skills to interpret data
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to track and follow complex processes
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working with humanitarian organizations desirable
- Between 1-2 years of experience working in administration, contract management, and/or client management desirable
- Knowledge of the context and conflict dynamics in eastern Ukraine.
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments.
Contract period: 1 year
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities, 7,5 h. working day, uncertified sick leaves
Duty station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Please note that we will contact only with shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
For submitting CVs please follow the link: https://23109900.webcruiter.no/Main/Recruit/Public/4267148099?culture_id=en&link_source_id=0