The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
NRC is looking for Agronomist in our office in Severodonetsk, Ukraine.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Provide technical support in the assessment, design, implementation and monitoring of the NRC’s agricultural activities
- Organize and assist in data collection and analysis for beneficiary and community selection, as well as for monitoring and evaluation
- Together with the team prepare weekly and monthly plan and schedules to be submitted to the hierarchy within a given deadline
- Ensure timely, qualitative and accurate implementation of the project activities in line with the strategy, the work and budget plan Provide technical assistance and training to selected individuals and households.
- A degree in Agriculture/Agronomy is required
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken is desirable
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines Understanding of SPHERE minimum standards is desirable
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts is desirable
- Experience working with small scale farmers and in promoting agricultural development is required
- Sound knowledge of appropriate technology, farming practices of crops and their seasonal patterns, support systems and their availability.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments.
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities, 7,5 h. working day
Duty station: Severodonetsk, Ukraine
Please note that we will contact only with shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
For submitting CVs please follow the link: https://23109900.webcruiter.no/Main/Recruit/Public/4266139892?culture_id=en&link_source_id=0