Title: Human Resources Assistant
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA): 14.07.2020
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures implementation of HR strategies through:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Input to the CO business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Implements HR services through:
- Preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels, conducting reference and academic background verifications as well as written assessments of the candidates;
- Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts;
- Tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table;
- Collection of background information for submissions to the Local Compliance Review Panel (CRP);
- Update of the CO rosters;
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents;
- Issue certificates, compile HR related reports as required;
- Provision of information for cost-recovery for HR services provided by UNDP to projects and other Agencies;
- Act as Internship Focal Point in the Country Office;
- Monitoring of the corporate Dashboards and ensure correctness of HR data.
Ensures proper staff performance management and career development through:
- Provision of background information and maintenance of the related data;
- Provision of background material for drafting Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans.
Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys through:
- Collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys. Participation in the work of LSSC.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO through:
- Participation in training for the operations/programme/projects staff on HR issues;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Innovation. Ability to make new and useful ideas work. Level 2: Analyzes complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise, relevant recommendations;
- Leadership. Ability to persuade others to follow. Level 2: Proactively identifies new opportunities and challenges;
- People Management. Ability to improve performance and satisfaction. Level 2: Takes ownership of responsibilities;
- Communication. Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform. Level 2: Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity;
- Delivery. Ability to get things done. Level 2: Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Human Resources Management (General). Knowledge of HR management issues and principles and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations. Level 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks
- Learning and Development. Knowledge of enterprise learning and development issues, concepts, and principles, and ability to apply them to enhance the fulfillment and performance of employees. Level 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks;
- Recruiting. Knowledge of recruiting issues, procedures, and principles and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations to secure quality candidates. Level 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks.
- Knowledge Management. Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge. Level 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks;
- Team Building. Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of professionals towards common goals. Level 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR. University Degree in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 5 years (with secondary education) or 2 years (with Bachelors degree) of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level after secondary education.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English languages is required. Knowledge of Russian is an asset.
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply online: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=31543&HRS_JO_PST_SEQ=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE for APPLICATIONS: 14 July 2020