Tetra Tech is looking for an Environmental and Social Specialist who will help maintain compliance with applicable environmental regulations and help prepare assessments for future projects.
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech is looking for an Environmental and Social Specialist who will help maintain compliance with applicable environmental regulations and help prepare assessments for future projects. This is a short-term consultancy position, with a focus on Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Undertake site visits to various locations around Kiev, lasting approximately 1 day per site.
- Complete audits and rapid environmental and social assessment checklists of the sites.
- Consult with the operators of the facilities to understand the technical functions of the facilities.
- Consult with any local NGOs regarding aspects which may be impacted by the Project such as flora and fauna.
- Help prepare the environmental and social baseline section of the environmental assessment using a range of literature relevant to the project area.
- Perform an overview of the national legal and regulatory aspects that are relevant to the Project, e.g. air quality standards, labour laws, health and safety aspects, sanitary protection zones, etc.
- BSc in an environmental related discipline. Masters a plus;
- At least 5 years of relevant environmental impact assessment consulting experience or professional internships;
- Experience with energy projects, including renewables;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
- Strong organization/analytical skills; experience working with detailed technical data and reports;
- Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of Excel required; PowerPoint and Access desired;
- Ability to travel to facilities as needed;
- Ability to maintain flexibility, problem solve, and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus;
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.