Чеська недержавна організація «Людина в біді» шукає Head of Project.
Duty station: Sloviansk main office with travels to PIN’s areas of intervention
Starting date: July 2020
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN) has been active in Ukraine since early August 2014 and the humanitarian programs have been rapidly expanding since then. Currently, PIN is one of the major humanitarian actors in Eastern Ukraine while providing neutral and independent humanitarian aid to conflict-affected people.
Under the line management of the Emergency Coordinator (EC), the Head of Project (HoP) is responsible for the leadership, overall management and performance of the assigned UHF funded projects implemented by PIN (hereafter-Project). The HoP is the primary focal point and decision maker in terms of the project’s coherence, impact and control, and is responsible for working across the organization to ensure timely and quality implementation. Additionally, the HoP will continue to support the Project framework by representing the Project in the field level coordination, monitoring and evaluation, and the learning and knowledge management aspects of the Project. HoP is accountable for the proper line management and coordination of the entire Project team according to its organigram. S/he closely cooperates with PIN’s Finance, Accounts, HR, Logistics, Procurement, Safety and Security, and Program Development and Quality Unit, Technical Leads and Advisors. Externally, in coordination with the donor.
- Provides leadership across the programmatic and operational aspects of the Project to ensure that the internal and external coordination, problem solving and decision-making processes required for timely and quality implementation are in place and active.
- Tracks the progress in overall Project implementation and spending of Project funds (based on monthly budget follow-up meetings and reports) against PIN work plans and expenditure forecasts; the HoP is the key decision maker on all financial aspects of the Project, and the primary counterpart to financial and other operational colleagues for matters.
- Based on above tracking of progress, develops adaptive measures in order to meet Project targets and objectives, ensuring collaboration of the project team and technical leads, and other internal counterparts.
- Ensures, through the Project administrative team, data and filing of all Project related documentation.
- Ensures compliance with the signed Agreement between project donors and PIN, and informs the UHF and PIN senior management accordingly;
- Responsible for coordinating PIN internal Project rollout and closure processes in collaboration with the relevant teams.
- Initiate and/or supports the carrying out of a management control and systems audit of the Project;
- Provides support during potential donor verification / audit visits to PIN Ukraine.
- Represents PIN in project-related coordination frameworks of respective donors and stakeholders. Communicates effectively with external audiences (as appropriate) to inform the public and relevant authorities what the Project is doing and achieving in order to promote transparency and enhance visibility of respective donor’s support (as appropriate);
- Supports the process of documenting the Project implementation process (providing justifications for the implementation approaches and means applied by PIN);
- Analyzes and records lessons learned generated, and participates in sharing these so that PIN and other humanitarian actors can access and apply this knowledge during future humanitarian interventions.
- Maintains close collaboration with the other projects of PIN on the coordination and harmonization of a variety of matters, including field coordination, programme approaches, reporting formats, monitoring tools, and similar.
- Identifies and takes action on opportunities to learn from, harmonize or otherwise improve modalities between PIN and the wider humanitarian community in Ukraine;
- As requested, participates in the Project related internal and external meetings, engages as a decision maker in discussions, decisions and action points and takes subsequent action on these.
- In close cooperation with Programme Development and Quality team, supports the development and effective usage of monitoring and evaluation tools across the Project to ensure the collection of information to track progress/achievements of milestones with regards to planned Project impact, outcomes and outputs (as specified in the project logical framework and proposal documents).
- Support the preparation, review and approval of Project narrative and financial reports.
Required background and competences:
- Educational background in relevant field, or relevant professional experience of at least 3 years in development and/or humanitarian work, especially with project management;
- Good knowledge and practice of project cycle management;
- Proven ability to engage and facilitate dialogue externally with a wide range of stakeholders, from grassroot to official stakeholders and other international organisations;
- Strong organizational, critical analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Solid knowledge and practice of budget development and management;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Russian and/or Ukrainian and excellent writing skills;
- Excellent communication skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Mature, well-balanced personality able to work independently in challenging environment.
- Salary as per PIN salary scale: 1296 USD GROSS (1361 USD GROSS after probation period)
- Positive working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- 5% annual Salary increase;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses between offices and areas of intervention;
- Security training;
- Possibility to participate in interesting events, trainings and briefings;
- 28 days of annual leave
Are you interested in this position? Please send a CV and Motivation letter in English. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.