The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Financial Assistant to be based in Kyiv.
BACKGROUND ABA ROLI - UKRAINE PROGRAM
ABA ROLI is an international non-profit organization that implements legal reform and rule of law programs in more than 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional employees working abroad and in its Washington, DC office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice, and a wide range of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION OF FIELD FINANCIAL ASSISTANT
The Financial Assistant will provide administrative and financial support at the local office in Ukraine to the ABA ROLI Financial Manager placed abroad.
Under the supervision and in support of the Financial Manager and the Country Director, the Field Financial Assistant will be responsible for coordinating financial and administrative support to carry out all technical or programmatic activities of programs administered by the local office in Ukraine.
- Participates in the coordination of logistics and administrative assistance to carry out the programmatic activities and day-to-day operations of the office.
- Maintains and updates the official office calendar.
- Manages all matters related to office operability on a daily basis; for example, supplies (stationery and other desk supplies), supplier relations (consumables, telephone and internet).
- Prepares and presents travel expense reports (and other types of reports), supports the design and control of financial reports related to program activities.
- Organizes financial information and presents it to the Financial Manager.
- Supports expenditure projections for all program activities.
- Requests and maintains contracts and coordinates with the Financial Manager if modifications are required.
- Supports the completion of program financial reports.
- Assists the Country Director and Program Officers in preparing and reporting travel expenses (and others).
- Performs other office management tasks upon Country Director assignment.
- Supports the coordination of logistics for training workshops and national competencies in Ukraine.
- Provides additional support as needed and required by ABA ROLI Ukraine
- University degree.
- Intermediate-level computing skills in Excel and Word.
- Intermediate fluency in English (oral and written).
- Professional fluency in Ukrainian (oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- University degree in accounting, finance, administration or related areas.
- Experience in financial management or financial management of International Technical Assistance programs.
- Management of virtual platforms (social networks and virtual classrooms).
- Experience working in a professional environment with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
The Financial Assistant must also be organized, detail-oriented, ethical, responsible, reliable, teamwork and discrete when working with confidential documents and information.