Terre des hommes Ukraine is recruiting a Psychologist for its field office in Mariupol, Donetsk region, covering operations in Azov area, Donetsk region.
Start date As soon as possible
Contract 7 months, local contract (no expatriate benefits), full-time contract, renewable.
Location Mariupol, Donetsk region with field travel in the region.
We encourage local candidates to apply.
Deadline for applications is July 06, 2020
Tdh is operating through the two offices in Mariupol (Donetsk) and Severodonetsk (Luhansk). Tdh supported over 120 schools in the rayons along the contact line to develop child-friendly spaces . Over 600 education specialists were trained in the methodology Movement, Games and Sport (https://childhub.org/uk/mgs ) and continue to use it in their activities with children. More than 200 child protection specialists were trained in Child Protection Minimum Standards, contributing to raising awareness of the need for child-centered social services.
Tdh continues to support the development of the local institutions and communities to offer PSS activities and friendly environment to children, while also providing direct support to individuals and groups in order to cover gaps in the protection services for children and their families.
For more information, please check https://www.tdh.ch/en , www.facebook.com/TdhUkraine/
The Psychologist supports the direct implementation of the “Psycho-social wellbeing and inclusive community environment for children in East Ukraine” program ensuring the provision of PSS support for children/adolescents and case management services for child mine/ERW victims, children in need of protection. The psychologist ensures the effective implementation of the tasks assigned to the Separate Division of the Terre des hommes Foundation in Ukraine (Tdh) to conduct social work with various categories of families (including social support for families in difficult life circumstances)
• Provides psychological support in the activities of Tdh;
• Conducts activities for psychosocial wellbeing and preventive work with children, youth and parents ;
• Provides psycholoical counselling, support for improvement of the social relations,
• Carries out assessment and support of families in difficult life circumstances;
• Provides methodological assistance to employees in carrying out the tasks and instructions of Tdh management;
• Provides socio-psychological services aimed at meeting the social needs of the individual;
• Keeps professional confidentiality, does not disseminate information obtained in the process of Tdh’s activities if it could harm a person or his/her environment (except as provided by law);
• Studies, summarizes and implements new methods of practical psychology;
• Participates in the development of regulatory and organizational and methodological documents Tdh;
• University degree (at least bachelor level) from an accredited educational institution in practical psychology or a related discipline;
• At least 2 years of relevant experience in a similar position;
• Experience of working in a highly collaborative environment with minimal direct supervision in complex regional setting;
• Expertise in at least one of our priority areas: child protection, migration or/and access to justice.
• Background and interest in innovation will be an asset.
• Excellent command of written and spoken Russian and Ukrainian. Fully proficient in writing and editing.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Psychologist” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.