Agriteam is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Agriteam Canada:
Agriteam Canada is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Agriteam has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Agriteam presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Agriteam Canada launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe).
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact, and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe provides technical assistance to multiple Ministries to:
(i) increase their capacity in strategic planning and develop coherent, concise and measurable reform plans using the Results-Based Management (RBM) methodology, which is already embedded into Ukraine’s legislation (see the President`s Decree on the Annual National Program under the auspices of the NATO-Ukraine Commission, an interagency strategic document covering 100 reforms);
(ii) implement a citizen-centric approach to policy development according to GBA+ methodology a stated in Ukraine’s legislation (e.g. the Order of the Social Policy Ministry On Approval of the Instruction on Gender Mainstreaming in the Development of Legislative Acts).
To achieve these objectives, SURGe delivers planning sessions, training, and advisory support to the Government of Ukraine to help develop consolidated strategic documents (the Annual National Programs Ukraine – NATO; the National Action Plan on the implementation of the UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security), and to individual Ministries to help them develop Ministerial plans, Logic Models (“reform passports”), sets of indicators, and other Ministerial planning documents.
For this reform initiative, SURGe Project is looking for а Strategic Planning/RBM Expert who will be responsible for designing and delivering strategic sessions based on RBM methodology according to the needs of each particular Ministry, integrating RBM into GoU processes, supporting the development of the IT tool that automates RBM planning and monitoring of reforms, contribute to the development of online course(s) on RBM for civil servants, and perform other tasks related to building GoU capacity to plan and monitor reforms based on RBM principles.
The expert will be based in Kyiv.
Level of effort: full time, Monday-Friday.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Support the Government in the development of consolidated strategic documents (such as the Annual National Programs Ukraine – NATO for 2021; the National Action Plan on the implementation of the UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security for the period until 2025; National Sports Strategy until 2028) by designing and delivering strategic planning sessions and working with Ministries on their inputs to these strategic documents.
- Support to individual Ministries in the development of Ministerial planning documents, including the Logic Models (“reform passports”), indicators frameworks, risks maps and other documents; further explain the RBM methodology to Ministries, deliver the “train the trainers” programs, resolve problems and obstacles during implementation of RBM.
- Participate in development and implementation of the reform monitoring methodology in coordination with GoU based on RBM principles.
- Provide assistance to Ministries in planning and implementation of selected Canadian governance practices.
- Conduct assessments of learning needs and contribute to the development and launching of online course on RBM for civil servants.
- Provide methodological assistance for the RBM IT tool.
- Perform other tasks related to building GoU capacity to plan and monitor reforms based on RBM principles.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Dynamic, independent, results driven highly-motivated project manager.
- Strong project management skills with a minimum of 5 years of consulting/advisory experience. Proven experience in providing management advice to external stakeholders regarding planning and performance measurement. Experience in development of a planning framework and KPIs for governmental stakeholders or international projects is a plus.
- Understanding of Results-Based Management (RBM) or similar project planning and evaluation methodologies.
- Understanding of the government policy making cycle and the overall reform agenda in Ukraine.
- Ability to teach people, excellent communication skills, strong ethics, well-balanced and mature
personality, positive attitude to the job.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian, ability to speak and write clearly and correctly.
- Experience of work with government documents.
- Professional knowledge of English, strong writing skills.
- Citizen of Ukraine.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on July 03, 2020 to the following address: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest in English (max. 500 words).
Please ensure to stateSTRATEGIC PLANNING/RBM EXPERT in the e-mail subject line
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.