Данська рада у справах біженців шукає керівника проектів. Дедлайн - 28 червня 2020 року.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international humanitarian non-governmental organization that promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems of refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Since 2014, DRC has been working in Ukraine with the goal of providing immediate support to internally displaced persons (IDPs) and the affected population in the east of the country.
Overall purpose of the role
- The Project Officer will be responsible to interact and cooperate with the Ministry of Reintegration of Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine (MRTOT) and respective stakeholders in Kyiv under the project ‘IDPs Integration Support Initiative in Ukraine’ with the financial support of USAID/Chemonics Democratic Governance East Activity.
Project Officer will be responsible to ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all activities, including, but not limited to, research, consultation meetings, workshops, under the project output 2 and will work under the technical supervision of Programme Manager.
S/he will also be responsible to develop and maintain good relations with the MRTOT, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s project.
Programming & Operations
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donor
- Participate in project monitoring and evaluation exercises
- Participate in the preparation of project communication and visibility materials
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with other DRC sectors/programmes
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external stakeholders and technical experts on project relevant issues
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of project staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
- Take part in the recruitment of members of the team
- Implements the Programme Manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it and how to achieve the objective set by the Programme Manager.
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation of project respective activities while following the work plan and budget
Required experience and competencies
- University degree (e.g. political science, international development, or economics) or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in sectors of capacity building, good governance and/or policy analysis working for an INGO
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Fixed-Term Labour Contract
- Medical insurance
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Application deadline: June 28, 2020. If you wish to apply for this or other positions with DRC, please visit DRC website, section vacancies and apply online.
For more information about the Danish Refugee Council, please visit our website drc.ngo.