Данська рада у справах біженців оголошує конкурс на заміщення вакансії Protection Assistant.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international humanitarian non-governmental organization that promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems of refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Since 2014, DRC has been working in Ukraine with the goal of providing immediate support to internally displaced persons (IDPs) and the affected population in the east of the country. The head office of the DRC in Ukraine is located in Kyiv, the program branches are in Mariupol, Sloviansk and Severodonetsk.
Overall purpose of the role
- The Protection Assistant is part of the DRC Protection Team and works under the management, guidance and supervision of DRC’s national Protection Manager.
- The Protection Assistant supports the Protection officer and Protection Manager in timely and quality implementation of protection activities in Donetsk and Luhansk oblast
Implementation of protection activities
- Implement of all protection activities, including but not limited to case management, needs assessment, psycho-social support, assistance to conflict-affected population - individuals and community;
- Traveling to coordinated locations in accordance with the work plan and schedule;
- Contribute to the design of clear weekly and monthly plans for the implementation of all protection activities;
- Support the Protection Officer in the implementation of all protection activities;
- Contribute to the process of developing tools, guidelines and SOPs relevant for protection work, psychosocial, corrective and restoration programs;
Training and capacity building
- Support Protection Programme in activities related to the implementation of training activities with a focus on psychosocial/psychological support, including documentation, procurement and logistical arrangements;
- Contribute to the development of training materials and tools (topics: burn out, mental health and wellbeing, stress resilience);
- Assist in training for government and NGO stakeholders, social workers, other psychologists in psychosocial support methodology;
- Design information leaflets, brochures, training modules for awareness raising activities.
Internal/External Coordination and Representation
- Establish and maintain coordination with local authorities, local and international NGOs when/if required;
- Represent projects in relevant coordination meetings when requested;
- Support with occasional document translation and provide interpretation support to Protection Manager during meetings, trainings, and other project activities.
Reporting & Accountability
- Collect and maintain project data ensuring the highest standards of data protection and confidentiality. Insert the collected information into the database when needed;
- Contribute to drafting reports, analyses of statistical data and proposal writing;
- Produce high quality and timely reports for DRC and donors within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant DRC policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection, the code of conduct, and security.
Perform other relevant tasks as requested by Protection Team Leader or Protection Coordinator.
Required experience and competencies
- Graduate degree in psychology, psychotherapy, social work or equivalent;
- Experience in working with conflict affected population;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Good writing and analytical skills;
- Excellent IT skills: confident PC user, MS Office pack;
- Good knowledge of document management standards and regulations;
- At least 2 years of working experience in psychosocial support programms or social work, supporting vulnerable groups of populations as part of local or international organizations;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and good command of English - both oral and written.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and stress resilience;
- Attention to details, orderliness;
- Ability to organize prioritization and planning;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Fixed-Term Labour Contract
- Medical insurance
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Application deadline: June 21, 2020. If you wish to apply for this or other positions with DRC, please visit DRC website, section vacancies and apply online.
For more information about the Danish Refugee Council, please visit our website drc.ngo.