Норвезька рада у справах біженців шукає асистента відділу інформування, консультування та правової допомоги.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
NRC is looking for ICLA assistant in our office in Kurakhove.
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the ICLA project.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the ICLA Programme according to plan of action; promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Contribute to identification of protection risks and needs in the context of the program implementation
- Welcome visitors to the NRC office in Kurakhove, and direct them accordingly
- Receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls according to needs; receive, distribute and register brochures, mails, documents and reports
- Ensure order and cleanliness of the reception area
- Provide secretarial support such as data entry of intake forms, taking minutes, drafting letters, etc.
- Responsible for taking bookings for meetings in NRC office and ensuring that it is kept in order. Handle catering and other related services
- Assist drafting letters and data entry of intake forms as necessary
- Overall responsible for the purchasing, distribution and recording of stationary
- Entry of data from intake forms and photocopying and filing all the documents related to ICLA activities (ICLA client files etc.);
- Assist with administrative/logistics/finance tasks and provide research and administrative support to departments and individuals, where necessary
- Perform any other task as requested by ICLA Coordinator and/or Project Manager.
- Under the supervision of ICLA Coordinator, facilitate information, counselling and legal assistance activities in accordance with the standard operating procedures, guidelines and instructions from lawyers; provide timely, accurate and reliable information to IDPs and conflict-affected people as regards their rights and entitlements and how to claim them, draft legal letters, applications, fill in forms, or other templates and otherwise assist in preparation of legal documents supporting clients to claim their rights and entitlements
- Responsible for all reception duties related to the NRC office, including welcoming clients; client outreach: answering phone/hotline and taking messages
- Ensure that clients have a comfortable space to wait and to fill forms
- Responsible for contacting clients and arranging appointments in coordination with ICLA colleagues
- Assist ICLA Coordinator in any task required.
- Experience working with administration
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- English knowledge is an advantage
- Good knowledge of the Ukrainian and Russian languages
- Experience of working as administrator or receptionist. Experience working in a non-profit legal service provider, law firm or other entity providing legal counselling and assistance would be considered as an advantage.
- Knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of the context in Ukraine
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments.
Contract period: till the end of the year
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities, 7,5 h. working day
Duty station: Kurakhove, Ukraine
For the purpose of this vacancy, internal candidates are considered the first-tier ones.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please note that we will contact only with shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
For submitting CVs please follow the link https://rabota.ua/company2938123/vacancy7984930