Офіс ООН з Координації Гуманітарних Питань в Україні запрошує кваліфікованих і досвідчених українських спеціалістів подавати заявки на посаду спеціаліста з питань координації (Field Coordination Officer).
UNOCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. UNOCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
Under the overall supervision of the Field Coordination Officer/Civil-Military Coordination (CMCoord) in Kramatorsk, Field Coordination Officer ensures oversight of strategic partnerships with the UN Agencies, local and international NGOs, partners and national authorities including civil military actors in the region in order to manage results-oriented field coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provide technical expertise in the area of field coordination in the assigned region(s) and technical advisory support to UNOCHA Office in Ukraine, Humanitarian Country Team (HCT), humanitarian community in preparedness and emergency response;
- Ensure efficient strategic partnerships management and advocacy effort with all relevant stakeholders;
- Facilitate the communication with the actors of established Civil-Military Coordination Mechanism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide technical expertise in the area of field coordination in the assigned region(s) and technical advisory support to UNOCHA Office in Ukraine, Humanitarian Country Team (HCT), humanitarian community in preparedness and emergency response by:
- Ensuring overall management of the field office coordination on the ground, including proper planning and organization of general coordination meetings, communication and advocacy with relevant stakeholders;
- In close collaboration with the Information Management Unit providing substantive information input for the preparation of respective UNOCHA products;
- Compilation, analysis and reporting of relevant humanitarian, social, economic and political information, statistical data, research and providing high-quality analytical reports for further processing by the PI and Reporting Unit;
- Preparing qualitative/quantitative situation reports and well as ad-hoc technical advisory reports, supervise compilation and dissemination of daily, weekly reports in compliance with established UNOCHA rules and procedures;
- Ensuring proper monitoring of humanitarian and when applicable security situation in the assigned region(s) and providing analytical assessment of developments in the assigned region(s); conducting verification of information and reporting incidents via established procedures and channels;
- Maintaining close liaison with UN Agencies, local and international NGOs, humanitarian partners and national authorities including military and law enforcement component, ensuring a constant information flow and information dissemination between relevant national authorities and the UNOCHA Office in Ukraine on the humanitarian-related information and extended HCT operations, facilitate coordination of humanitarian assistance by national and international partners;
- Maintaining close liaison with respective Civil-Military Cooperation (CIMIC) units and elements on the ground and facilitating resolution of any access-related impediments for international humanitarian assistance;
- Ensuring successful support for the CASH-related matters and providing administrative support to international CASH experts during their field trips and cash coordination meetings, where applicable.
Ensure efficient strategic partnerships and advocacy effort with all relevant stakeholders including civil military actors by:
- Facilitating advocacy in long-term planning within UN system in Ukraine as well as national plans; raising awareness amongst different stakeholders (included but not limited to NGOs, UN, Government of Ukraine) on the technical tools, services and mechanisms for coordination, emergency response and preparedness;
- Identifying and developing opportunities for successful networking and partnership building with the national and regional authorities, NGOs/INGOs on the ground;
- Facilitating of knowledge-building and knowledge-sharing among NGOs, the UN, national and local authorities in the matters related to strengthening their emergency response capacity;
- Establishes and maintains dialogue and communication with military actors and security forces in area of responsibility. Identifies and establishes contacts and ensure mutual exchange of information about ongoing humanitarian activities and issues.
Facilitate the communication with the actors of established Civil-Military Coordination Mechanism by:
- Facilitating establishment and maintenance of communication with the different security forces present in the area of responsibility and establishing mechanisms to resolve operational issues and ensure appropriate mutual exchange of information regarding ongoing humanitarian activities;
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on any major accomplishments and progress as well as identifying any potential or actual bottlenecks in relations between the humanitarian and military and law enforcement actors;
- Ensuring that all matters related to civil-military coordination including the organization and facilitation of civil–military coordination meetings are completed. Takes minutes in such meetings and follows up on agreed-upon actions.
Ensure assistance for all other operational processes required for successful fulfilment of UNOCHA mandate in Ukraine by:
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Field Coordination Officer/CMCoord and Humanitarian Affairs Officer, Head of Sub-Office in Kramatorsk.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the coordination effort in the respective field office location and UNOCHA office operations in Ukraine. Key results have impact on success of communication, advocacy and collaboration with relevant stakeholders in the region by the means of efficient resource mobilization and information sharing. Full and appropriate administrative management is provided to ensure fully operational field office. Accurate analysis and presentation of information, thoroughly researched and fully documented work strengthens the capacity of the office and facilitates subsequent action by the supervisor. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
- Professionalism: applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position; possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks; strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning; demonstrates solid understanding of Civil Military Coordination issues, good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings;
- Demonstrating integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Leadership: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements;
- Client Orientation: Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Building Strategic Partnerships: Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues; analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders; is able to identify and communicate efficiently relevant advocacy information to all the stakeholders involved;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness: exercises ability to provide analytical inputs to strategic planning, results-based management and reporting; develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in political science, security management, emergency response, military science, social science, international relations, public administration, economics, law, engineering or a related field. Bachelor’s degree with additional 2 years of relevant experience can be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Up to 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience in coordination, management, humanitarian affairs, emergency response, security, defense, law enforcement or related field;
- Sound knowledge and familiarity with the humanitarian and overall social, legal, security and economic context in the assigned region would be an asset;
- Profound field experience in the region is desirable;
- Experience in UN Civil-Military coordination is desirable;
- Proven analytical and reporting skills are advantage;
- Familiarity with the UN system will be an asset;
- Computer literacy (Excel, Internet, Word, web-based management systems) is required.
Fluent written and spoken English, Ukrainian and Russian.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is 26/06/2020 If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply online. More information and application details: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=31150&HRS_JO_PST_SEQ=1&hrs_site_id=2