Medicos del Mundo - Лікарі світу шукає Covid-19 response medical consultant / Експерта з питань Covid-19 в м. Київ.
MdM is an international humanitarian organisation whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including Spain. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM Germany implements the project activities directly in collaboration with MdM Spain as well as in close cooperation with the relevant authorities, public health facilities and communities in the target area.
MdM is currently implementing projects in the Luhansk Oblast - Ukraine (since 2015) and Donetsk oblast GCA (since beginning 2019). MdM intervenes to improve access and quality of health care services for vulnerable conflict affected populations, namely elders, vulnerable women, internally displaced persons (IDPs) and host communities in government-controlled areas (GCA) and civilians remaining resident in non-government-controlled areas (NGCA).
The MdM programme aims at improving access to quality primary health care (PHC) services, including sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) as well interventions to minimize the COVID-19 related complications to conflict affected population in Donbass region, Eastern Ukraine.
For our program in Ukraine, to support our activities, we are looking for COVID-19 RESPONSE MEDICAL CONSULTANT, based in Kyiv.
Under the direct supervision and technical guidance of the Medical Coordinator (MedCo), the Сovid-19 response medical consultant (“Consultant”) contributes in the design and implementation of MdM’s COVID-19 related activities.
S/He directly provides support to MedCo for realization of those activities in Governmental Control Areas (GCA) and Non-Governmental Control Areas (NGCA) of Eastern Ukraine. S/He provides technical support for the accomplishment of the main objective of the COVID-19 operation and will be responsible for data collection, reporting and coordination with MdM team and partners (INGO, NGO, health authorities…) at different level.
- To assist MedCo with the implementation of the MdM COVID-19 medical activities according to plans.
- To provide technical support to the Health Officers in Luhansk oblast (GCA, NGCA) and Donetsk oblast (Bakhmut raion) on their COVID-19 tasks and ensure effective and efficient implementation of the planned activities.
- To ensure that all components of the program are consistent and in line with health needs and standards as well as donor’s requirements.
- To provide technical support in proposal writing, design donors’ and MdM internal reports.
- To support the implementation of COVID19 related Monitoring and Evaluation systems, contributing to the development and implementation of data collection processes.
- To ensure that Medical teams are reporting within agreed timeframes and in respective quality
- To participate in needs assessments, data collections, and monitoring visits with other MdM staff
- To contribute in the design of trainings (on the job training, training on health education etc…) in coordination with MedCo.
- To support the MedCo in the implementation of COVID19 Guidelines and procedures as well as the introduction of last WHO updates on the subject.
- To analyse the project data on a regular basis and set up corrective measures in coordination with MedCo.
- To provide weekly and monthly reports to the Medco, detailing activities done, supervision, training given, assessments undertaken etc.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality of services
- Perform other additional duties on request of MedCo.
Hierarchical and Functional links
Hierarchical link: MedCo
Technical link: MedCo
Functional link: MedCo, MHCo, MU Officers, MU team on the field.
- Medical Doctor with a relevant background on health studies.
- Significant experience in drafting analytical reports and health proposals
- Knowledge of public health issues, especially on Communicable Diseases
- Experience in outbreak management and emergency response
- Knowledge of Ukrainian policy and national guidelines.
- Experience in working and meeting with local authorities, partners and staff in a tricky context
- Humanitarian, coordination and emergency experience is required
Personal skills required:
- Ability to take quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
Language and computer skills:
- Ukrainian, Russian, English - fluent
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fixed term Service contract for 4 month
- Starting date: ASAP
- Full -time job
- Location: Kyiv
Send CV (inc reference contacts)+cover letter with the “Covid-19 response medical consultant (Kyiv)” notice :
through the link: https://rabota.ua/company3351530/vacancy7950897
to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
to e-mail: email@example.com
Position will be filled on an ongoing basis.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.