Молодший адміністративний асистент для IFES. Дедлайн - 28 травня 2020 року.
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking applications from undergraduate- and graduate-level students, or recent university graduates to fill in position of Junior Administrative Assistant. As a participant of the Civic Education project team, the Junior Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting implementation of timely, high quality activities under the supervision of IFES Civic Education and Electoral Justice Manager.
This position is expected to begin on June 22, 2020 and will continue for 3 months with possible extension.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support program logistics, event preparation, monitoring and implementation of activities under direction of supervisor;
- Contribute to collection and tracking of data and other monitoring and evaluation support;
- Edit, format and contribute to IFES reporting, including informational emails, operational reports, publication materials, donor reporting, presentations and other reports;
- Maintain project records and documents;
- Plan and expedite travel and accommodation arrangements for IFES programming throughout Ukraine;
- Attend meetings at request of supervisor and take meeting minutes;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials as directed;
- Translate written documents and provide verbal interpretation for staff as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues, counterparts and partners;
- Willingness to adhere to principles of confidentiality;
- Willingness to work in an international environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An undergraduate (forth year) or a graduate student, or a recent university graduate in relevant field;
- Keen interest in democracy processes and civic education;
- Interest in Ukraine’s electoral and political landscape (preferred);
- Working level proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with “Junior Administrative Assistant” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman vZhyman@ifes.org copying Maksym Palamarchuk at mPalamarchuk@ifes.org no later than May, 28th 2020, 23:59 Kyiv time.