Радник з питань громадянської освіти для IFES.
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
More information about the IFES Civic Education programs is available at https://ifesukraine.org/what-we-do/civic-education/?lang=en
IFES is seeking applications to fill in position of Civic Education Advisor. As a participant of the Civic Education project team, the Civic Education Advisor will be responsible for supporting implementation of timely, high quality activities under the supervision of IFES Civic Education and Electoral Justice Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Civic Education Advisor’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Contribute to the strategic design and expansion of IFES Ukraine’s civic education interventions and activities;
- Work to build networks, strategic relationships, and represent IFES at high-level meetings;
- Provide technical oversight and input to IFES’ civic education activities, in cooperation with the civic education manager and team;
- Serve as a trainer and resource for civic educators;
- Conduct reviews and edits to IFES reporting, including informational emails, operational reports, publication materials, donor reporting and other reports;
- Draft, review and provide input to IFES’ civic education materials;
- Develop and maintain course materials (textbooks, handbooks, manuals, educational videos, materials for the online course);
- Develop a set of monitoring activities to ensure quality of the teaching and ensure data collection (developing tests, conducting interviews and focus groups, etc);
- Develop pre- and post-tests for teachers and students, for users of the online courses;
- Identifying teachers’ needs in trainings/re-trainings, planning and ensuring teachers’ training and retraining (development of curriculum, training materials, identifying experts and facilitators), leading trainings and conducting training sessions;
- Participation in meetings with universities, ongoing communication with partner universities and teachers support;
- Draft, review and provide input to the documents developed under the Ministry of Education and Science’s working groups;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated experience working on civic education issues;
- Understanding of past and ongoing higher education reform in Ukraine;
- Previous experience in conducting trainings and developing training curricula;
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
- Value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s Degree in relevant field;
- Minimum of eight years of relevant working experience;
- Minimum of two years of academic experience as a university-level educator;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in higher education and civic education fields;
- Previous experience in conducting trainings and developing curricula;
- Demonstrated experience working with NGOs;
- Proficiency in Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills;
- Experience in organizing and leading events.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with “Civic Education Advisor” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman vZhyman@ifes.org copying Maksym Palamarchuk at mPalamarchuk@ifes.org no later than May, 28th 2020, 23:59 Kyiv time.