USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity, implemented by DAI GLOBAL LLC is looking for Workforce Development Lead.
USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity, implemented by DAI GLOBAL LLC, will be focused to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the Ukraine Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
About the job
The Workforce Development Lead will provide subject matter expertise to advise the Chief of Party (COP) and ensure successful implementation of Component 2 as described above. This will include maintaining comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of workforce development and human capacity building related to cybersecurity in Ukraine: awareness and basic skills, formal education at all levels, professional development programs and training, private sector skills development programs, and public policy related to workforce development. Knowledge of international standards and best practices for cybersecurity education, certification, and professional development will ensure that Ukraine builds a competent and competitive cadre of cybersecurity professionals. The Workforce Development Lead will develop and execute the work plans for numerous tasks under Component 2, as well as coordinate closely with the other components and tasks to ensure successful coordination and efficient use of resources. Tracking of all tasks will allow for timely and accurate reporting of deliverables, milestones, results, and indicators.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Project Management and Reporting:
- Provide guidance and oversight to all tasks under Component 2
- Develop, update, and execute on detailed annual work plans for all tasks under Component 2 and
- Plan and prepare scope for Short-Term Technical Assistance resources as needed
- Develop, monitor and report on all deliverables, results and indicators
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Advise COP, serve as subject matter and technical expert
- Engage Ukrainian public sector and private sector stakeholders, local universities and other relevant entities in expert level discussions on cybersecurity capacity development
- Monitor developments in Ukraine and globally as related to the cybersecurity professional development
- Lead the completion of the needs assessments, development of the capacity building plans, and professional training and educational programs as stated in the Scope of Work and as requested by USAID
- Provide input to the Technical Advisory Committee and lead discussions or presentations as needed.
Management and Leadership:
- Manage a team of task level project managers
- Coordinate with all implementing partners and other peer leads including the Senior Cybersecurity Policy Advisor, CLA (Collaborating, Learning and Adapting) Manager, and the Director of Finance and Operations
- Attend meeting and events, serving as activity representative and subject matter expert
To be successful in this role we expect you to have experience in developing and delivering ICT education and training programs; preferably with a connection to cybersecurity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- An advanced degree in public policy or administration, economics, business, computer science, information systems, or other relevant field, and at least five years of experience working on programs of similar technical scope or a Bachelor’s degree equivalent and two additional years of relevant experience;
- At least three years of experience serving in a technical leadership position, preferably with donor-funded programs;
- At least three years of experience working with public sector and other key stakeholders on implementing workforce development programs related to the information and communications technology (ICT) sector, and/or experience in developing and delivering ICT education and training programs; preferably with a connection to cybersecurity;
- Experience managing a diverse group of stakeholders to deliver on project objectives;
- Experience in managing small teams;
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills;
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian, knowledge of Russian.
Work experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Kyiv
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to UkraineCCI_Recruitment@dai.com or via the DAI careers. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.