CDF Canada оголошує конкурс на вакансію регіонального менеджера в Україні. Дедлайн - 23 травня 2020 року.
Position Title: Country Manager, Ukraine
Position Location: Dnipro (Ukraine)
Reports to: Manager of Programs (Ottawa)
Contract Term: 2 year, with possibility of extension
Status: Full time, fixed-term contract
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Travel Requirement: Travel in country; travel to Canada may be required
The Cooperative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF Canada) has received a multi-year grant. The project is entitled “Supporting Economic Prosperity for Women and Internally Displaced Persons in Ukraine (SEW Ukraine)”. CDF Canada will implement the project in partnership with All-Ukrainian Charity Foundation “Gorenie” (Dnipro, Ukraine) , whose mission is to overcome the consequences of the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, as well as to support individuals and enterprises adversely affected by the socio-economic consequences of such conflict. The goal of the project is to enhance employment and entrepreneurship of women, who have been internally displaced by conflict and other traumatic events in Ukraine. The project will facilitate the development of trade and business skills, and market opportunities in the apparel manufacturing and garment industry. Overall, the project will support over 2200 beneficiaries.
The Country Manager is a key position within the CDF Canada project team in Ukraine, with supervisory and managerial responsibility of overall aspects of SEW Ukraine project coordination and implementation. The works closely with ”Gorenie” and other relevant stakeholders and reports to the Ottawa based Manager of Programs to provide the vision and leadership in project implementation, coordination and monitoring overall performance.
The Country Manager leads the coordination, financial and administrative compliance and monitoring of the project, engendering a collaborative team spirit focused on achievement of project goals and objectives. The Country Manager ensures that the SEW Ukraine is planned and executed with quality, accountability and measurable impact. The Country Manager will represent the project among the INGO communities, funders, government ministries and other stakeholders.
As a successful Country Manager, you will demonstrate strong communication, organizational and negotiation skills. The Country Manager will oversee all aspects of business operations, including recruiting and training staff and maintaining budgets. As Country Manager you must also possess a good understanding of the country’s policy and regulatory environment.
The Country Manager should be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision and possess the ability to assemble and manage teams. Presentation, analytical and planning skills are also essential. Above-average people management, customer service and leadership skills are crucial for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Project Management & Implementation
- Represent the interests of CDF Canada and its funder in the delivery of project results.
- Lead the facilitation, coordination, development of annual work plans. Provide managerial and programmatic oversight to sub-grantees.
- Manage all operations related to the project according to the agreed upon Project Implementation Plan (PIP), RBM tools and work plan – troubleshooting as needed to prevent disruptions in daily project activities. Ensuring that all project milestones are met
- Oversee the project Monitoring and Evaluation framework and ensure that information is organized according to the reporting and auditing needs of the project, track impact and calibrate project strategy and implementation accordingly. Document process and achievements to ensure best practices are captured and disseminated.
- Support all efforts towards accountability - to beneficiaries and to RBM standards. This includes understanding and following established CDF guidelines and actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of project’s compliance with planning, monitoring, evaluation, performance and reporting.
- Ensure adherence to local legal requirements.
- Produce annual and semi-annual reports and ensure that reporting schedule is met on time and project objectives are achieved as per the funder requirements.
- Ensure successful and positive relationships are fostered and maintained, project targets are achieved and there is direct accountability with our local partner through regular meetings and communication.
- Coordinate and share information with the Ottawa Manager of Programs to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are being achieved – make concrete recommendations for improvement as required.
- Ensure that all output and efforts adhere follow CDF Canada and funder quality standards, best practices and that the project is technically sound.
Financial Management & Administration
- Manage close coordination and sharing of information with CDF Canada, Charity Foundation “Gorenie” and other stakeholders such as other donors, other NGOs, and local authorities.
- Ensure proper logistics, administration, human resources and transport needs of the project are directed within CDF Canada policies and procedures and with the maximum benefit to the project.
- Provide direct and ongoing supervision and managerial support to all staff on the project.
- Maintaining strict budgetary adherence and monitoring, expenditure surpluses and deficits forecasting
- Ensuring review and timely submission of regular financial reports.
- Assist, coordinate and implement security protocols in compliance with CDF Canada’s International Safety and Security guidelines and policies.
- Recommend Project priorities and explore new opportunities that leverage impact and/ or complement core SEW Ukraine activities.
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of strategic partnership with donors, INGOs, government and UN agencies in Country.
- Support CDF Canada’s business development efforts in-country and regionally.
Level of authority
- Make day-to-day operational decisions at the field level and financial decisions at the Project level with input from the Ottawa Manager of Programs.
- Represent CDF Canada in the country, in national and regional meetings relevant to CDF Canada project objectives.
- Liaise with the Ottawa Manager of Programs to monitor project operational and financial progress and comment on financial and narratives reports.
- Be the resource person and support for Canadian staff, volunteers, consultants, dignitaries and/or visitors when in the country.
The Country Manager is responsible for directly supervising approximately 3 national staff and work closely with the ”Gorenie” team.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of eight (8) years of international development or management experience in a related role).
- Bachelor or master’s degree in International Development, Business, Economics, Law, Political Science, or another relevant discipline.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English is a must.
- Experience in managing complex projects and demonstrated success in designing, managing and leading implementation.
- Knowledge of and experience in employment, entrepreneurship development, gender mainstreaming, women empowerment and economic development.
- A strong understanding of M&E and Results Based Management Framework (RBM) tools (LM, PMF)
- Experience in and knowledge of the Co-operative sector is an asset.
- Experience in and knowledge of the garment industry is an asset.
- Human Resources experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize stakeholders into partnerships and alliances, lead and facilitate collaborative processes.
- Strong writing, communication, organization, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Proven financial management skills.
- Experience in maintaining strong/productive relations with implementing and strategic partner agencies, including coordinating with government authorities and counterparts.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Developing & Maintaining Relationships
Planning and Organizing
Problem Analysis and Resolution
The successful candidate will possess strong leadership skills, with the ability to maintain a broad perspective. He/she will undertake innovative approaches, be agile in the conceptualization of new project ideas, and will be well versed in strategic thinking and planning. The ideal candidate should be conversant with women focused and value chain and economic development projects and should have demonstrated cultural knowledge and sensitivity. The ability and desire to grow individually and professionally in a difficult environment is also a key to success.
COVID-19 -In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and to protect our candidates’ and interviewers’ health and wellbeing, we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future. This circumstance may also cause application delays, as such we will reassess the situation over the coming months to determine if an extension to the deadline for submission is required.
Application Process and Deadline
- Applications must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. Friday, May 23, 2020.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Applicants must include cover letter and resume. Please reference the job title “Ukraine Country Manager” in the email subject line and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com