The Norwegian Refugee Council шукає провідного фахівця з питань адвокації в NRC.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 14000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 1000 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC is looking for Advocacy Technical Officer (Durable Solutions) in our office in Kyiv.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with Advocacy strategy and Action plan, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- Advocacy specific technical responsibility for the implementation, quality control, monitoring, project documentation and tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Contribute to specific protection risks and needs analyses
- Contribute to designing of protection response to identified risks and needs.
- Facilitate identifying and coordinating NRC Advocacy response to prioritized issues
- Draft NRC Advocacy products such as briefing notes, position papers, talking points and reports
- Facilitate planning and implementation of NRC Advocacy and communication activities and the production of relevant material
- Assist in strengthening NRC Advocacy strategic networks and alliances, with a particular focus on IDP inclusion and durable solutions
- Compile narrative and statistical reports in the respective formats
- Monitor and provide analysis of key legal concerns of conflict-affected persons in Eastern Ukraine IDPs, with a particular focus on IDP inclusion and durable solutions
- Perform any other tasks as requested by Protection & Advocacy Coordinator.
- Experience from working on the similar positions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the concept of durable solutions and related issues
- Tailored practical and/or research experience on the topics related to internal displacement and durable solutions would be an asset
- Experience in Ukrainian policy-making process and advocacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian, English both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of the context in eastern Ukraine
- Good Knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- High education in law (academic background in international humanitarian/human rights/forced migration law and policy would be an asset).
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
Contract period: till the end of the year with the possibility of extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities, 7,5 h. working day
Duty station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Please note that we will contact only with shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.