Адміністративний асистент у Продовольчу та сільськогосподарську організацію ООН.
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Deadline: 24 April 2020
Organizational Unit: REU
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Duration: Until 31 Dec 2020 - 8 Months probationary period with possibility of extension
The post is located in FAO Programme Office in Kyiv, Ukraine.
The Administrative Assistant performs a large variety of routine administrative transactions and office support functions contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the work unit. The incumbent’s work impacts the timely and efficient delivery of office support services and the overall output of the work unit.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Programme Leader in the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU), under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator in Ukraine (Kyiv) and in close coordination with the Operations Officer, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting administrative and operational aspects of all FAO projects in Ukraine in line with FAO rules and regulations. He/she acts independently in routine matters. The supervision is focused on the quality of the work performed and provides on-the-job learning. The Administrative Assistant usually interacts with a wide variety of colleagues within the work unit and with immediate clients within the Organization, providing routine administrative and office support services.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Retrieve, enter, select and analyse data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems and data bases; verify accuracy of data documents; make necessary calculations.
- Maintain imprest accounts; reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data; assist in the preparation of recurring and special reports by preparing and editing data in appropriate format as requested; monitor project, programme and general office accounts.
- Maintain detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances; record receipts and disbursements (ledgers, cash books, vouchers, etc.); make disbursements from petty cash fund and balance accounts.
- Prepare routine correspondence of administrative nature; draft correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and financial matters, as required.
- Maintain local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguard.
- Maintain a filing system of administrative and financial documents.
- Maintain liaison with local banks and financial institutions to keep up-to-date with financial and regulatory information (exchange and interest rates, procedures and rules, maintenance of bank accounts, etc.).
- Support the administration of personnel and equipment.
- Facilitate timely accreditation and registration of international staff in the MoFA of Ukraine and relevant entities or organizations.
- Assist all staff accreditation as focal point for UNDSS.
- Maintain close cooperation with UNDP administrative supporting services and customs.
- Act as a focal point and participate in assigned working groups.
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Social sciences, etc
- Three years of relevant experience in administrative and office support work.
- Language skills: Working knowledge (Level C) of English; fluency in Russian and Ukrainian
- IT Skills: Good knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment. Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in an appropriate format.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
- Good knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / Human Resources systems and administrative procedures and policies
- Good knowledge of the organizational structure
- Candidates to be called for interviews will be shortlisted against the Minimum Requirements
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
HOW TO APPLY
The following documentation should be sent, no later than Friday 24 April 2020, to the following e-mail address: FAO-UA@fao.org
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter.