NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill the position of an LGBTI Inclusion Senior/Program Assistant.
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs in Ukraine are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and the United Kingdom Good Governance Fund.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill the position of an LGBTI Inclusion Senior/Program Assistant
About the LGBTI Inclusion Program: With the support of the governments of the UK and Sweden, LGBTI Inclusion Program is working with the Ukrainian CSOs to promote inclusion of and combat discrimination against LGBTI communities in Ukraine in order to increase their participation in social and political life.
Job Title: LGBTI Inclusion Senior/Program Assistant, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Support development and implementation of NDI’s LGBTI inclusion program in Ukraine;
- Contribute to the planning and organization of program-related events: meetings, training sessions, workshops etc;
- Build and maintain relationships with partners
- Contribute to the review of partners’ reports and ensure their timely submission;
- Contribute to weekly and periodic reports of the LGBTI Inclusion team;
- Monitor and assist in the coordination of partners’ activities;
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the organization of training programs, meetings, workshops, and other program events;
- Organize work trips to different regions of Ukraine;
- Provide oral interpretation and written translation from English to Ukrainian and vice versa as required;
- Conduct desk research as needed;
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Rights, Political Science, Gender Studies, Public Administration, Linguistics, Social Sciences or a related field;
- At least two years of experience working in a related field;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of audiences;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis;
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English, both oral and written;
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.);
- Self-organization and the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to travel within Ukraine.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English by email to the following email address: ukraine @ndi.org. Please indicate the position (Senior/Program Assistant to the LGBTI Inclusion Program) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by COB April 7, 2020. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test and a subsequent interview.