Medicos del Mundo - Лікарі світу шукає Technical support officer (health) / Фахівець із технічної підтримки (в галузі охорони здоров’я) в Сєвєродонецьк.
Medicos del Mundo (MdM) is an international humanitarian organisation whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including Spain. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
The project is being implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary outreach units (including Primary health care (PHC), sexual reproductive health (SRH) and Mental health psychosocial support (MHPSS); strengthening of local health system (with a specific focus on PHC, SRH, MHPSS and GBV) through capacity building of health and non-health staff, awareness raising and advocacy.
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Coordinator (MedCo), the Technical Support Officer contributes in the design and implementation of MdM’s health donation activities for the whole mission in Ukraine.
S/He provides technical support for the accomplishment of the main objective of the operation, to improve access to healthcare for the conflict-affected populations of Eastern Ukraine.
S/He provides technical support for the implementation of overall medical activities, including donations of medical equipment /consumables (Donation) in GCA and NGCA.
- Project administration
- To assist MedCo and Field Coordinators (FieldCo) in the implementation of the general MdM medical activities, especially entire donation component of the mission, according to MdM plans, in coordination with MdM management team.
- To provide technical support to the MedCo and Coordination Team on proposal writing, reporting, monitoring visits and provide necessary assistance to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the planned activities.
- To ensure that all components of the Donation program are consistent and in line with medical needs and standards.
- To design and support the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation plan; contribute to the development and implementation of programme data collection processes.
- To communicate regularly and effectively with the MdM technical team.
- Technical Support
Management of donation component (medical purchase)
- Overall responsible for MdM donation component, including preparation relevant documentation on procurement of medical equipment and commodities;
- Works closely with programme colleagues on forecasting of donation needs. Prepares/Provides technical advice on specifications/Terms of Reference, facilitating efficient procurement;
- Ensures development of appropriate evaluation/assessment criteria on quality of medical equipment and commodities;
- Assis in accurate evaluation of supplier performance on the basis of quality of services rendered, product acceptability and delivery record;
- Ensures preparation of donation reports required for donors, mission requests, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, funding appeals in coordination with Field Coordinators and Health managers in the field (GCA) and Project staff in NGCA.
- Ensures continuous information on demand and quality of medical equipment and commodities with logistic team and coordinates donation component with logistics plans.
- To establish or strengthen health-related information flow within medical structure of the mission, starting with tracking of the goods distributed, beneficiaries covered, focal points/facilities involved into the project.
- To support health team in collecting data for planning further donation such as infrasructural needs, patient flow, disease prevalence rates, and various health-related statistics . Review existing assessment reports conducted by the MOH, UN agencies, International NGOs and share them with team and partners.
- To provide necessary assistance or conduct Post-distribution monitoring (PDM) according to the questionnary, checklists and precedures of the mission.
- In collaboration with the partners (local and international), plan and conduct rapid assessments followed by more in-depth assessments (if necessary). Coordinate and collaborate with the health cluster and local health authorities and community members on assessment’s findings and elaborate proper reccomendations.
- To analyse the project-related data on a regular basis and share analysis with MdM coordination team.
- To provide regular reports to the MedCo and Health Managers, detailing activities done, assessments undertaken etc.
- To follow up health program issues and sharing of information with management.
- Be flexible in performing duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality of services
- Perform other additional duties on request of MedCo.
Hierarchical and Functional links
Hierarchical link: MedCo
Technical link: MedCo, Health Managers
Functional link: MedCo, FieldCo, Health Team.
- Medical Doctor with a relevant background on health studies.
- Experience working with NGOs (3 years at least)
- Knowledge of public health issues and medical products
- Experience in procurement of medical equipment and health products.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian policy and national guidelines.
- Experience in working and meeting with local authorities, partners and staff in a tricky context
- Ability to have a global overview of a program (not only on medical plan)
Personal skills required:
- Ability to take quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Organizational skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Team work spirit
- Gender sensitive
Language and computer skills:
- Ukrainian and Russian - fluent
- English advanced (written and oral) is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Fixed term contract until the 31/12/2020 with possible extension (pending of funding).
- Medical insurance.
- Full -time job
- Place of work - Severodonetsk
Send CV (inc reference contacts)+cover letter with the “Technical support officer (health) - Severodonetsk” notice :
through the link: https://rabota.ua/company3351530/vacancy7922471
to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
to e-mail: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.