Finance Specialist, round 4 on support to administrative service provision, for the EU-financed programme for support to the Ukrainian Decentralisation Reform: U-LEAD with Europe Programme
NIRAS is looking for a Finance Specialist for implementation of NIRAS support to Sida for U-LEAD with Europe Programme-Ukraine Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme, Support to improved administrative service delivery, Roll-out phase, round 4.
The position shall be a consultancy contract for a period of maximum 10 months starting from mid-March 2020.
Description of the assignment context
U-LEAD with Europe is a multi-donor action of the European Union and its Member States Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Poland and Sweden. The Programme aims at supporting the Decentralisation reform in Ukraine and contributes to the establishment of multilevel governance that is transparent, accountable and responsive to the needs of the population.
The Programme has two main objectives:
1. Enhancement of the capacities of key stakeholders at the national, regional and local levels to implement the regional policy and decentralisation reforms (GIZ). This includes vertical and horizontal coordination and capacity development at all levels of government throughout Ukraine.
2. Empowerment of amalgamated communities to deliver high quality administrative services to their citizens aims at contributing to the ongo- ing decentralisation reform in Ukraine (Sida). During the Roll-out phase (2018-2020) Sida is aiming at to support up to 600 Administrative Service Centres to improve the service provision for citizens of Ukraine.
NIRAS is responsible for establishment of up to 574 Administrative Service Centres within the Roll-out phase (rounds 1-4).
The Finance Specialist (FS) controls all financial matters regarding project management, including accounting, financial control, financial contractual administration, problem solving and updates of administrative financial routines, payments, financial reporting, contributes to procurement of goods and services.
The following is an outline of the areas of responsibility of FS:
- Maintain clear and up-to-date books of accounts that meet internationally accepted accounting principles ISA 800/805 and financial reporting standards
- Manage operations funds, ensure adequate financial liquidity for the smooth running of the project activities
- Prepare regularly monthly and consolidated financial and other required reports
- Maintain payroll and ensure timely payments of staff and all other payments of the Project
- Monitor budget to ensure that budget line items are expended as per approved budget
- Avail all necessary information during internal and external audit processes as may be required by auditors
- Ensure proper and safe filing of all records and finance supporting documents including but not limited to invoices, receipts, acts etc. and contracts signed within the Project
- Ensure scanning, filling and archiving of all finance supporting documents as soon as any expenses is booked in to the finance report
- Contribute to the management of procurements based on guid- ance of the Coordinator of Physical Support.
Skills and Experience