Фінансовий офіцер в IFES.
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Finance Officer. The Finance Officer will provide office administrative and operational support, specifically relating to all matters of accounting and financial management for IFES Ukraine. Fulltime position. A one-year contract with the possibility of extension.
Under the direction of the IFES Ukraine Senior Finance Manager, the Finance Officer’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Support and when called upon manage IFES Ukraine’s field office finances.
- Support the maintenance of office accounting, including funding requests, purchase of local currency, bank account reconciliations, local staff payroll administration and benefit records, petty cash accounts, expense reports, vendor payments, and other financial issues.
- Manage internal finance and accounting systems and processes in line with IFES’ internal operational guidance and policies.
- Establish and maintain close relations with local banking officials and tax authorities in order to ensure that IFES is abreast of all compliance issues, as well as banking services offered; Liaise with GDIP and bank officials to manage IFES interests and obligations.
- Compile monthly wire requests to IFES HQ and reconcile each request with actual costs for all programs.
- Compile and submit accurate field office expense reports in a timely manner.
- Compile and submit proper documents to the tax authorities in Ukraine.
- Support the subaward management process, as needed.
- Maintain an efficient and transparent financial filing system;
- Undertake financial monitoring of all programs and ensure that staff, consultants, and grantees adhere to IFES financial policies.
- Enter daily accounting transactions into QuickBooks.
- Ensure accurate and secure money handling procedures, including bank account(s).
- Coordinate with IFES HQ to prepare donor financial reports and accruals.
- Perform other tasks and special projects as required by management team.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, Master’s preferred (finance, economics, management);
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in accounting, financial management;
- Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting software, 1C and online banking;
- Understanding of relevant donor policies;
- Familiarity with Ukrainian tax and labor laws;
- Knowledge of Ukrainian legislation in terms of contractual relations and economic activities;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages;
- Proficiecy in the use of Microsoft Office;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized;
- Skilled communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual;
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and letter of interest, with “Application for Finance Officer” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman email@example.com and Maksym Palamarchuk at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than by March 13, 2020, 18.00 Kyiv time. We will consider candidates on a rolling basis.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.