Policy and Re-engineering Lawyer who will be responsible for review and improvement of legal procedures for public services provision, and will redesign the processes to make the services faster and easier for citizens.
Agriteam is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Agriteam Canada:
Agriteam Canada is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Agriteam has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Agriteam presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Agriteam Canada launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe).
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact, and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
The expert team will be deployed to the Ministry of Digital Transformation to improve public services design and delivery to citizens.
The goal of the reform initiative: citizen have access to high-quality public services online.
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for а Policy and Re-engineering Lawyer who will be responsible for review and improvement of legal procedures for public services provision, and will redesign the processes to make the services faster and easier for citizens.
The expert will be based in Kyiv and will be reporting to the Team Lead of the Office for Administrative (Public) Services Reform.
Level of Effort: Full time, Monday-Friday.
The duration of the contract is until 30 June 2020 with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Analyze regulations and administrative processes on public services delivery;
- Develop proposals on process optimization and services delivery procedures;
- Draft legal acts to make the services faster and easier for citizens;
- Propose recommendations and tools for optimization of services provision;
- Interact with public authorities and other projects of international technical assistance regarding implementation of the reform initiative.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in Public Administration or Law (preferably), or other relevant field;
- Strong project management and analytical skills;
- At least 3 years of experience in legal, regulatory and related areas;
- Knowledge of laws and regulations in the area of administrative (public) services;
- Familiarity with the public administration reform agenda (incl. reform of government services and digitalization) is an advantage;
- Fluent in Ukrainian and English;
- Citizen of Ukraine.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on February 28, 2020 to the following address: email@example.com.
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV;
2) Applicant’s letter of interest.
Please ensure to state Policy and Re-engineering Lawyerin the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.