Coordinator of Physical Support, round 4 on support to administrative service provision, for the EU-financed programme for support to the Ukrainian Decentralisation Reform: U-LEAD with Europe Programme
NIRAS is looking for a Coordinator of Physical Support for implementation of NIRAS support to Sida for U-LEAD with Europe Programme- Ukraine Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme, Support to improved administrative service delivery, Roll-out phase, round 4.
The position shall be a consultancy contract for a period of maximum 10 months.
Description of the assignment context
U-LEAD with Europe is a multi-donor action of the European Union and its Member States Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Poland and Sweden. The Programme aims at supporting the Decentralisation reform in Ukraine and contributes to the establishment of multilevel governance that is transparent, accountable and responsive to the needs of the population.
The Programme has two main objectives:
1. Enhancement of the capacities of key stakeholders at the national, regional and local levels to implement the regional policy and decentralisation reforms (GIZ). This includes vertical and horizontal coordination and capacity development at all levels of government throughout Ukraine.
2. Empowerment of amalgamated communities to deliver high quality administrative services to their citizens aims at contributing to the ongoing decentralisation reform in Ukraine (Sida). During the Roll-out phase (2018-2020) Sida is aiming at to support up to 600 Administrative Service Centres to improve the service provision for citizens of Ukraine.
NIRAS is responsible for establishment of up to 574 Administrative Service Centres within the Roll-out phase (rounds 1-4).
The Coordinator of Physical Support (PS) is responsible for the planning, coordinating, supervising and implementing of activities targeting the services for physical support (procurement of furniture, IT-equipment and special equipment for ASC).
The following is an outline of the areas of responsibility of Coordinator of PS:
- Assist in management of procurements within round 4 in line with Sida Procurement Guidelines and Project Manual
- Assist in development and implementation of a Procurement Plan within round 4
- Manage the procurement activities, such as development and re- viewing technical specifications; preparation of bidding documents and advertisements; preparation of tender committee’s meetings; writing evaluation reports et
- Make sure that the budget for physical support is kept within budget limits and used efficientl
- Make sure that the cross-cutting issues are integrated in the pro- cess of physical establishment of AS
- Make sure that the manuals and materials within the Support Package on how to establish an ASC are integrated into the work on physical establishment of AS
- Management of all procurement contracts within round 4
Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in political science, legal affairs, economics or equivalent qualification,
- work experience of at least 5 years work with international procurement, of which at least 2 years with international develop- ment cooperation,
- Very good skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian
- It will also be considered a merit to have previous experience of establishing Administrative Service Centres or similar structures.
Conditions & Logistics
A consultancy contract will be signed between NIRAS and the Coordina- tor of PS which will outline the conditions for the position in detail.
Please note this position is not an employment position, meaning that applicants must be established as consultants and will be liable to pay all relevant taxes and insurances.
Evaluation of response & selection