Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position Website Developer.
The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s purpose is to “strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine” and methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East will provide opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives.
Title: Local Consultant on Website Development
Length of Assignment: Short-term
Estimated LOE: up to 27 LOE
Assignment Location: Popasna, Severodonetsk, Luhansk oblast
Dates: o/a April 13-June 20, 2020
Principle duties & responsibilities:
The purpose of this assignment is to assist in establishing Community Engagement Center (CEC) in Popasna. Under this assignment consultant will develop CEC website which should become an effective tool for CEC operation and activity management.
This assignment requires to be based in DG East Severodonetsk Office with travels to Popasna and participation in activity implementation workshops.
The Local Consultant will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Develop CEC website based on requests and functionalities to make CEC operation and management effective;
- Take part in 3-day workshop to demonstrate draft CEC website operation, discuss CEC website modules, functionalities and finalize based on workshop participants input;
- Participate in Public Hearing on CEC model with Popasna community residents;
- Conduct CEC website DEMO;
- Participate in Kyiv workshop with stakeholders and conduct CEC website DEMO, finalize website based on input from participants.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in web site development;
- Understanding of the regional context;
- Experience working with public and elected officials;
- Fluency in Ukrainian or Russian language, knowledge of English desired.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line: “Website Developer-SEV” by 18:00 on Thursday, March 05, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”