Peace Corps Ukraine is a US government agency and seeks qualified and motivated candidates for the full-time position of Medical Assistant (Nurse) in Kyiv.
Peace Corps Ukraine is a US government agency and seeks qualified and motivated candidates for the full-time position of Medical Assistant (Nurse) in Kyiv. This position performs a variety of clinical and administrative duties in support of the Peace Corps Ukraine Health Unit. The Medical Assistant (MA) works under the supervision of a Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO). The MA is responsible for providing clinical and administrative support, including but not limited to; actively assisting the PCMO in clinical care (including taking vital signs, administering immunizations, performing laboratory tests), coordinating requests, scheduling medical appointments, distributing medicines to Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) under PCMO oversight, and other clerical and administrative functions in support of the PCMO(s). The Medical Assistant coordinates responsibilities directly with the PCMO(s). The MA must adhere to confidentiality regarding PCVs medical issues and possess excellent interpersonal and administrative skills.
Start Date (Estimated): May 2020
Peace Corps Provides:
- Excellent salary and benefits package, including medical insurance;
- Regular training opportunities;
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced international organization.
- Preference will be given to citizens (or permanent residents) of Ukraine;
- Successful completion of a nursing school (technical/university degree), general medical school, medical assistant program, and a valid registered clinical license/diploma or applicable knowledge and experience obtained through on-the-job training or under the direct guidance of a provider (supporting documentation must be submitted).
- Two years progressively responsible related experience with knowledge of administrative medical duties related to health services.
- Clerical and secretarial experience desirable.
- English and Ukrainian fluency required.
- Basic knowledge of administration of health units/facilities, including procurement of medical supplies and inventory control.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook, and Excel).
How to apply? All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 6, 2020. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Peace Corps is an equal opportunity employer.