USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA), implemented by DAI GLOBAL LLC, empowers business and community development in eastern Ukraine. The conflict has left eastern Ukraine’s infrastructure badly in need of repair, investment, and reorientation. The ERA will work with regional stakeholders to mobilize the investment needed to address the region’s infrastructure needs.
To strengthen the Operations team in Donetsk and Luhansk region, we are looking for a qualified Finance Assistant for Kramatorsk. Finance Assistant is a member of the finance team and reports to the Finance Manager. He/ She will ensure assistance to the finance team with day-to-day operations according to DAI procedures and policies.
About the job
The Finance Assistant is a key member of the finance team. He/She will play a pivotal role in overseeing adherence to the project’s Field Operations Manual (FOM), USAID regulations, contract requirements and limitations, financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Conducts daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI’s, USAID regulations and local law requirements
- Verifies accuracy of expenses
- performs scanning and uploading of the finance documents, makes sure voucher package is complete, follows up with Fin officers if needed
- Conducts payments from Petty Cash in case of absence the responsible ERA staff and ensures petty cash is maintained according to maximum petty cash policy, and that all petty cash procedures are followed. Ensures the safeguard of bank checks, cash receipts, and petty cash
- Supports periodic cash counts
- Assists with backup documentation upload to relevant systems according to set deadlines if needed
- Communicates with logistics and procurement teams regarding timely proceeding with accounting/ financial documents
To be successful in this role we expect you to have proven experience and capability to work on finance and reporting; experience in finance and accounting, office administration, project operations at the mid-level of an organization
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- 2+ years of relevant in the finance or administrative support field, preferably with USAID or other international donor-funded projects, or local NGOs
- Basic knowledge of internal controls and audit processes
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Computer literate with e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet experience
- Work experience with internationally funded projects preferred;
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working in economic development and infrastructure projects
- Experience with USAID-funded projects
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2023.
Salary Level: We offer a competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Kramatorsk
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: February 2020
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: February 26, 2020 COB
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com
If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine