Консультант з питань антикорупційного інституційного розвитку в Проект USAID «ВзаємоДія». Дедлайн - 18 лютого 2020 року.
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
At the sub-national level, the SACCI Project provides support to municipalities of Mukachevo (Zakarpatya oblast), Pokrov (Dnipropetrovsk oblast), Pervomayskii (Kharkiv oblast), Khmelnytsky (Khmelnytsky oblast) and Drohobych (Lviv oblast) to strengthen institutional integrity and implement corruption prevention measures, policies and standards envisioned by the Law of Ukraine on preventing corruption.
In 2019, SACCI completed assessment of the status and effectiveness of the corruption prevention measures in the executive committees of city councils. The assessment resulted in set of recommendations including improving management systems, developing and implementing code of conduct, conflict of interest policies and procedures, whistleblower management, citizen complaint management, building capacity of the Anticorruption Authorized Units (AU), strengthening transparency in decision making processes, and some others.
At the national level the SACCI project provides support to key national corruption prevention institution – National Agency for Prevention Corruption (hereinafter – Agency). SACCI assists the Agency with strengthening its institutional capacity and capacity to implement core functions in the areas of E-declarations, AU coordination, regulation of conflict of interests, and whistleblowers protection support and oversight.
SACCI is seeking two Ukrainian consultants to assist municipalities with implementing some of the recommendations and support building capacity of the NAPC. This includes drafting and supporting implementing regulations, policies and guidance, participating and/or conducting trainings, seminars and other educational activities, and providing consultations.
In summary, the two experts will:
- Assist selected municipalities with drafting internal municipality-specific regulations, codes of ethical conduct and developing methodological recommendations and guidelines regarding application of the anticorruption legislation and principles of integrity;
- Build capacity and provide technical and methodological support to the municipal AUs;
- Assist municipal AUs in conducting trainings, seminars and other educational events for the municipality personnel and members of City Councils;
- Build capacity of municipal AUs to conduct anticorruption review of the municipality draft regulations and bylaws;
- Upon needs assist NAPC with developing methodologies and guidelines and conducted training on E-declaration, AU, conflict of interests, and whistleblower protection;
- Provide technical contribution to the committees, working groups and other entities within municipalities or NAPC aimed at the corruption prevention measures and strengthening compliance with anti-corruption policies and standards;
- Provide regular updates to SACCI on the progress of implementation of the tasks;
- Provide other assistance to municipalities and NAPC upon SACCI request.
Expected level of effort is up to 160 expert days for each expert between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020.
- Specialist / Master’s degree in law, political science, public policy, public administration or other relevel field;
- Over 5 years of experience in anti-corruption, transparency and integrity in the public sector;
- Experience of work in state institutions at the national level or/and local level and knowledge of Ukrainian public service is a strong asset;
- Experience in developing anti-corruption policies, including E-declaration, conflict of interests, anti-corruption Authorized Unit regulations and whistleblowers protection;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines (time-management, reporting, negotiations skills);
- Fluency in Ukrainian, at least intermediate-level English language knowledge required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – 18 February 2018, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when applying for this position. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.