Проект SURGe оголошує конкурс на заміщення вакансії. Дедлайн - 21 лютого 2020 року.
COMPANY: AGRITEAM CANADA CONSULTING LTD (Ukraine Office)
PROJECT: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe)
Position: Sector Lead
ToR Date of Issuance: 07 February 2020
Due Date for Applications: 21 February 2020
Agriteam is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Agriteam Canada:
Agritem Canada is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Agriteam has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Agriteam presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the SURGe Project:
In October 2019, Agriteam Canada launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe).
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform Initiative and Position Summary:
Position Type: Management
Level of Effort: Full time
Position Summary: Based in SURGe National Office in Kyiv and reporting to the Deputy Director/Operations Director and Project Director, the Sector Lead will be responsible for managing the technical assistance for a variety of Ukrainian government bodies and agencies. In particular, the Sector Lead will assess support needs of government agencies, design assistance initiatives in compliance with Ukrainian reform agenda, principles of international development and SURGe mandate, establish and manage reform teams, coordinate initiatives will stakeholders and ensure timely delivery of the agreed scope of work.
We are seeking a seasoned project manager, who will develop reform support initiatives in a variety of sectors and manage reform teams in the Ministries.
Indicative Duties and Responsibilities (scope of work, to be confirmed after the needs assessment):
- Sector needs assessment;
- Development of technical assistance plans; setting up government assistance programmes (coordinating the scope of work with the government beneficiary, recruiting and managing project teams, delivering results as per agreed scope of work);
- Contributing to projects’ planning, implementation and reporting;
- In addition, Sector Lead will perform general project management tasks and collaborate with other members of the project team to implement project activities:
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in consulting/advisory, including minimum 3 years of senior management experience (advisory, technical assistance projects, or other project management experience with exposure to the Government of Ukraine);
- Experience in hiring and managing teams (min 5 people);
- Proven ability to design projects and manage implementation;
- Dynamic, independent, results driven highly-motivated expert;
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business, Law, Political Science, International Development or another relevant discipline;
- Impeccable knowledge of Ukrainian;
- Superior fluency in English is a must;
- Citizen of Ukraine.
Please apply with a CV (max. 2 pages) and a cover letter (max. 500 words) in English to the following e-mail: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Sector Lead SURGe.
The closing date for applications is February 21, 2020.
Due to the volume of responses, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow up. No telephone inquiries will be entertained