Medicos del Mundo - Лікарі світу шукає Health Officer / Фахівця з громадської охорони здоров`я в Бахмут.
The humanitarian aid organizations “Medicos del Mundo” and “Arzte der Welt” are the Spanish and German division of the international network Medecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM).
Under the direct supervision Senior Health Officer/Health Manager (SHO/HM) and overall management of the Field Coordinator (FieldCo), the Health Officer contributes in the design and implementation of MdM’s medical activities in Bakhmut raion.
The Health Officer carries following responsibilities:
- To ensure the implementation of all MdM activities carried on by the Mobile Unit (outreach activities) and awareness raising activities at community level are implemented in effective manner, according to plan and in coordination with the Senior Health Officer/Health Manager (SHO/HM);
- To prepare the Mobile Unit’s and awareness raising’s monthly schedules and adapt them when needed, in coordination with technical team;
- To provide technical support to the Mobile Units team and ensure that all components of the MU activities meet health and mental health needs and are consistent with health international standards, and MdM guidelines and procedures;
- To assist in establishing and implementation an effective medical referral system in cooperation with SHO/HM and Health Manager (HM), MedCo and MH Co;
- To provide regular assistance to the Community Health Focal Points on their daily tasks and ensure effective and efficient implementation of the planned activities.
- To conduct regular supervision visits, to assess the quality of the services provided, and to put in place corrective measures when needed, in coordination with the SHO/HM;
- To support team in collecting data and required information in relation to MU activities and awareness raising interventions, including clients’ feedback forms from the field.
- To ensure confidentiality and protection of data collected in regards to beneficiaries who use the MU services;
- To participate on technical assessment/evaluations/studies and provide relevant inputs upon request of SHO/HM;
- To report on activities to the SHO/HM, including the description of the situation, epidemiological patterns and propositions to improve Mobile Unit and Health Focal points activities;
- Upon request of the SHO/HM, contribute to internal and external reports;
- To organise and to facilitate regular meetings with MU and Health Focal points staff to discuss existing challenges and opportunities;
- To coordinate closely with the SHO/HM and the Coordination team, through regular discussions / communication, to help enhance program implementation;
Medical Team Support
- To support FieldCo, Senior Health Officer/Health Manager, Health Manager, MedCo and MHCo to reach agreements with local health structures, assess needs, plan and conduct educational and awareness raising activities;
- To participate in the process of data collection for mapping of medical staff’ training needs;
- To contribute in the design of trainings (on the job training, training on health education, capacity building on reporting, awareness raising etc…) in coordination with SHO/HM and coordination team;
- Co-facilitation and/or deliver the health-related trainings;
- To support, coach and mentor the MU and Community Health Focal points staff for the adequate implementation of all their activities;
- To provide inputs and updates for development of project-related SOPs and guidelines;
- To participate on the technical analysis of medication/equipment procurement;
- To report any human resources issues to the FieldCo, SHO/HM.
- To coordinate and work together with FieldCO, SHO/HM, MedCo/HM and Technical Support Officer the process of suppling of drugs, equipment and consumables for MUs and donations.
- To collect and analyse morbidity reports on weekly basis before submitting to SHO/HM, MedCo.
- To provide weekly and monthly reports to the FieldCo and SHO/HM, detailing activities done, supervision, training given, assessments undertaken etc.;
- Provide inputs on project related reports, including situational and training reports;
- To follow up health program issues and sharing of information with SHO/HM and FieldCo;
- Upon request on the SHO/HM and FieldCo, participate to meetings and workshops with NGO, INGO, local organisations and local authorities;
- To conduct regular appraisals of MU team;
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services;
- Respect MDM principles/values;
- Maintain full confidentiality for all work-related information;
- Perform any additional duty on request of the SHO/HM and FieldCo;
Hierarchical and Functional links:
Hierarchical link: Senior Health Officer/Health Manager, FieldCo
Technical link: Senior Health Officer, Health Manager, MedCo
Functional link: Coordination Team, SHO/HM, MU and Health Focal points team on the field.
Language and computer skills:
- English intermediate (written and oral)
- Ukrainian and Russian fluent (speaking and writing)
- Excellent knowledge of office tools (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint)
- Medical Doctor with a relevant background on health studies.
- Experience working with NGOs (2 years at least)
- Knowledge of public health issues
- Experience in outbreak management and emergency response specially on Non-communicable diseases.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian policy and national guidelines.
- Experience in working and meeting with local authorities, partners and staff in a tricky context
- Ability to have a global overview of a program (not only on medical plan)
Personal skills required:
- Ability to take quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Organizational skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Team work spirit
- Gender sensitive
Send CV (inc reference contacts)+cover letter with the “Health Officer - Bakhmut” notice :
through the link: https://rabota.ua/company3351530/vacancy7623445
to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
to e-mail: email@example.com
- Fixed term contract until the 31/12/2020 with possible extension (depends on successful performance and availability of funds).
- Medical insurance.
- Full -time job
- Location: Bakhmut
Position will be filled on an ongoing basis
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.