Deputy Chief of Party (LTTA)
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Project in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI particularly focuses on strengthening capacity of the National Agency for Prevention of Corruption (NAPC) in implementing its key functions such as developing evidence-based national anti-corruption policies and strategies, providing oversight of the governmental institutions, developing and implementing anticorruption measures, managing asset declaration collection and verification, enforcing conflict of interests, implementing whistleblower protection legislation, monitoring political party financing, and other functions. Other Government of Ukraine (GOU) institutions that SACCI supports include the National Agency of Civil Service and the Ministry of Digital Transformation.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will support the Chief of Party (COP) in all programmatic and administrative areas. They will lead and provide technical expertise in program anti-corruption activities, as well as coordinate the program’s work with beneficiaries. Together with the COP, the DCOP will be responsible for the successful performance of the SACCI program, as detailed in the project’s statement of work. They will also help the COP to oversee project planning, monitoring and reporting, sub-contracts and grants, procurements and logistics, in compliance with USAID requirements. The DCOP will report directly to COP.
Provide technical leadership and support to the COP in managerial oversight of the SACCI program to ensure the successful implementation of project activities and the timely and high-quality reporting of those activities to USAID.
Support the COP in daily operations of overall program implementation activities to ensure that they are on schedule and that deliverables are prepared with sufficient lead time to get necessary approvals.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners, clients, donors, other projects, beneficiaries, and stakeholders, including the MSI Home Office (MSI/HO).
Coordinate and provide technical leadership of the work of the technical program teams and ensure appropriate collaboration across all teams.
Oversee regular political economy assessments (PEA) to advice SACCI programming approach and support annual strategy reviews.
Assist the COP with or lead the development of high-quality of key project documents, deliverables and reports and timely and complete submission. This includes but is not limited to:
Contribute to the development and regular review of the overall project approach, strategy, implementation schedule and to drafting project Annual Implementation Plans (Work Plans) and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan.
Contribute to preparing project deliverables and reports including but not limited to weekly updates, quarterly and annual reports, the final report and any other deliverables and reports required.
Oversee the development of the project fact sheets and success stories.
Lead or oversee conducting of the update on state-of-the-art research, developing best practices, and drafting annually a two-page summary of at least three studies on anti-corruption reform relevant to SACCI.
Assist the COP with preparing special reports in the event of extraordinary, time-sensitive events.
Assist the COP with producing and regularly updating the program one-pager - a short publication. Provide technical support to short-term consultants’ missions in Ukraine.
Promote a team approach that emphasizes high-level performance, creative approaches, the achievement of personal and project goals, and a collegial atmosphere.
When appropriate and required, serve as acting COP.
Заступник директора проекту в Проект USAID «ВзаємоДія (SACCI)». Дедлайн - 28 лютого 2020 року.
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated practical professional experience in designing, managing, and implementing anti-corruption initiatives.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Policy, Public Administration, Law, International Relations, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing effective accountability, transparency, public oversight, and anti-corruption approaches.
- Demonstrated successful experience in establishing strong working relationships among governmental and non-governmental institutions.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including ability to engage stakeholder in dialog, lead formal meetings, design and conduct training, and produce high quality practical analytical reports and knowledge products.
- Strong managerial/leadership experience and decision-making skills.
- Strong ability to work in teams; creating an enabling environment, mentoring and developing partners and colleagues. ·
- Native Ukrainian and/or Russian fluency and English writing and spoken proficiency required.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Updated CV
- Cover letter describing the candidate’s vision for helping the National Agency for Prevention of Corruption (NAPC) fulfill its role.
*Deadline for applying for this position – 28 February 2020, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when applying for this position.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at http://www.msiworldwide.com/
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.