Information Management Associate в ПРООН в Україні шукає Information Management Associate.
Title: Information Management Associate (Data Analysis) (UNOCHA)
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 19.02.2020
Duty Station: Donetsk, Ukraine
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
The Information Management (IM) Associate (Data Analysis) works under direct supervision of the Senior Humanitarian Affairs Officer/Deputy Head of Office, supporting the information management activities of the UN OCHA Office in Donetsk, Ukraine. The IM Associate (Data Analysis) will support in collecting and maintaining humanitarian dataset to facilitate a better analysis, information exchange, monitoring and the promotion of data and information standards. S/he will also be responsible for providing information management coordination support to cluster partners working in Ukraine.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Support implementation of Information Management systems and strategies;
- Support establishment of enhanced humanitarian datasets;
- Facilitate Information Management (IM), monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and data analysis activities;
- Facilitate knowledge building and inter-cluster knowledge sharing.
Key responsibilities in areas of preparedness, emergency response, M&E and data analysis:
- Supports UN OCHA and the United Nations system, as well as partner organizations to establish and facilitate robust information management and monitoring mechanism to prevent, mitigate, manage, and recover from humanitarian emergencies;
- Supports the development process of a comprehensive monitoring framework which takes into consideration the Humanitarian Programming Cycle (HPC);
- Provides the IM support in developing and maintaining humanitarian and development IM applications, including Who-does-What-Where datasets, common operational datasets, contacts information, and online platforms;
- Maintains good relationships with the various entities to promote data sharing and transparency;
- Develops strong links with information management focal points in other organizations to help clusters to identify their priority information requirements and to promote coordination and information sharing among organizations;
- Supports strategic and operational decision-making by processing and analyzing data and information and presenting it in the format most useful for analysis (e.g. reports, maps);
- Works closely with IM team and UNOCHA staff to promote information systems and standards;
- Supports development of databases and other applications to facilitate the collection and processing of context specific data (e.g.: affected population, displaced populations, demographic, vulnerability data, results of joint rapid needs assessment etc.);
- Supports the advocacy, communication and reporting functions of the Office through the collection, processing, storage and retrieval of documents, including images, of emergencies and vulnerability, as well as response and development operations;
- Supports in maintaining a catalogue of coordination products, including meeting schedules, contact lists and related information products;
- Any other related tasks as required by UNOCHA.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Building Strategic Partnerships;
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing;
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise;
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development;
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems;
- Client Orientation;
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management;
- Technological Awareness.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. University Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 6 years (with Secondary education) or 3 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible professional experience in information management, data analysis, monitoring and evaluation or related field preferably in humanitarian and/or development context is required;
- Experience working with the UN or international organizations is an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable.
- Fluent written and spoken Russian, Ukrainian and English.
UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, sectionjobs and apply only: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=28577&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 February 2020.