Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is looking for a Financial Analyst, who will support analysis of the economics of competitive energy markets.
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the largest USAID project in Ukraine so far. The ESP is implemented by a USAID Contractor, Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is looking for a Financial Analyst, who will support analysis of the economics of competitive energy markets, including gas and electricity markets, revenue requirement of regulated market participants, renewable energy, least cost emission reduction strategies, and another project analysis. The Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Financial Expert. This is a full-time position located in Kyiv, Ukraine, Zoloti Vorota metro station.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
- Support efforts to assess the viability of new investments and their attractiveness to investors.
- Help estimate trends in electricity market, gas market and heating market
- Financial analysis of energy sector major companies
- Help to prepare financial models on tariff regulation, appraisal of investment projects
- Other responsibilities, as designated by the Senior Financial Expert.
- At least 2 years of experience with energy sector or other production companies’ economic analyses
- Able to analyze difficult situations and formulate actions that can lead to desired results
- Knowledge of IFRS standards
- Experience in audit companies is a plus
- Experience in financial models’ preparation
- Deep knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Bachler’s degree, in business management, economics, finance, energy, or a related field acceptable to Tetra Tech
- Fluent in Ukrainian and English
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus
- Experience working with government agencies is a plus
- Knowledge of computer software for project management is a plus