Медіа-експерт/-ка та тренер/-ка в IFES в Україні.
IFES Ukraine is seeking an experienced media and training expert to design and implement the training program on money in politics for investigative journalists ahead of the 2020 local elections.
Since 1994, the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) has played a key role in the emergence and modernization of democratic electoral processes and institutions in Ukraine. During this period, IFES has developed a reputation as a reliable source for impartial analysis and high-quality technical assistance in the fields of electoral and political finance reform, social inclusion and gender equality, election administration, civil society capacity building, civic education, and public opinion research.
Key directions of IFES programming in Ukraine include: defending Ukraine from cybersecurity vulnerabilities and threats in and around the electoral process; training electoral management bodies based on international standards and good practice; supporting civil society, academia and strengthening civic engagement; fostering dialogue on electoral and political finance reform; enhancing inclusion in the electoral process for underrepresented populations; strengthening key electoral and politically-exposed institutions.
Title: Media and Training Expert
Period of Performance: March 1, 2020 – February 28, 2021
Level of effort: 60 days
Медіа-експерт/-ка та тренер/-ка в IFES в Україні. Дедлайн -17 лютого 2020 року.
Main duties and job responsibilities:
- Develop the concept of the training program on money in politics during local elections for investigative journalists;
- Develop agenda, pre- and post-tests of the regional trainings for investigative journalists;
- Disseminate information about the trainings and assist in the selection of participants;
- Co-conduct a series of regional trainings for investigative journalists;
- Develop the program of the contest for best journalistic investigations among participants of the trainings;
- Assist in selecting winners of the contest;
- Design the program of the study trip abroad for the winners of the competition, if requested by IFES;
- Participate in other trainings/meetings/workshops with journalists, if requested by IFES.
Education and qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the field of media and communications;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a trainer for investigative journalists;
- A wide network of contacts among investigative journalists in different regions of Ukraine;
- Excellent presentation and communications skills;
- Good knowledge of the issues related to the electoral process and political finance;
- Strong project management skills.
All interested candidates should send their CV, motivation letter and examples of products confirming professional experience in the indicated areas (programs of trainings for journalists, publications, video clips, etc.). with “Media and Training Expert” in subject line to Maksym Palamarchuk (email@example.com) copying Valeriia Zhyman (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than by February 17, 2020.