Agriteam is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Agriteam Canada:
Agriteam Canada is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Agriteam has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Agriteam presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the SURGe Project:
In October, 2019, Agriteam Canada launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe).
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact, and to implement these reforms.
Reform Initiative and Position Summary:
In partnership with the Government of Ukraine (GoU), SURGe is establishing an expert group on Regional Investment Projects Facilitation to enhance capacity of amalgamated territorial communities (ATCs) to identify their investment needs and local strategies, develop the competences of ATCs to identify, plan, design and implement investment projects in results-based way, with consideration of community needs.
The expert team will be implementing the following scope of work: Increase capacity of ATCs to drive investment projects that create jobs and meet community needs, identify investment opportunities, develop strategies, design investment projects, attract appropriate financing and implement investment projects;
i. Increase capacity of local authorities to develop methodologies and tools to facilitate investment processes in the regions;
ii. Support ATCs in selection of appropriate financing sources for investment projects implementation and development local capacity building models to enhance their training programs.
For this reform, the SURGe Project is looking for Senior Expert who will work with the team to implement the workstreams outlined above.
The expert will be based in Kyiv.
Level of Effort: Full time.
The duration of the contract is till end-June 2020 with a possibility of extensions (subject to additional approvals and results during the previous contract).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate should be able to get registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3rd group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Together with other experts in the team: define a work plan (general scope of work outlined in the Reform Initiative and Position Summary section);
- Ensure delivery of the results as per the agreed scope of work;
- Develop tools, methodologies and procedures to effectively implement investment projects (including project prioritization and structuring);
- Design practical guide to enhance ATCs capacity building programs;
- Develop recommendations for creation of software and electronic services (if needed) to improve investment projects implementation;
- Design and deliver pilot projects in the regions (incl. travel to the pilot regions);
- Develop tools and methodologies to promote regional investment projects implementation.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experienced project manager with a strong understanding of GoU economic growth vision and regional development reform agenda, and excellent knowledge of project management principles. Experience in implementing project management practices;
- Impeccable ethical standards;
- 10+ years of professional experience in governance, consulting related to project management, or related areas, including 3+ years of senior management experience;
- Preferred: experience in regional development projects (development of effective capacity building models (in a reform office, international assistance project or transformation offices);
- Strong people management skills;
- Skills in operational process analysis and optimization;
- Fluent English and Ukrainian.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on 21 February 2020 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English;
2) Applicant’s letter of interest.
Please ensure to state Senior Expert – Regional Investment Project Facilitationin the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.