Medicos del Mundo - Лікарі світу шукає MHPSS Manager / Менеджера з програм у сфері психосоціальної підтримки та психічного здоров'я в м. Сєвєродонецьк
Medicos del Mundo (MdM) has been operating in Ukraine since August 2015 and is currently implementing an emergency response and recovery program in the Eastern part of Ukraine (Luhansk oblast, government and non-government controlled areas - GCAs and NGCAs). The program is implemented around two main components: direct service provision through 2 multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH, MHPSS and support to GBV survivors); and strengthening of local health system (with a specific focus on PHC, SRH, MHPSS and GBV) through capacity building of health and non-health staff, awareness raising activities and targeted donations of medical equipment and consumables.
For our program in Ukraine, to support our activities, we are looking for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Manager based in Severodonetsk, however the scope of the role is not limited to Severodonetsk only, but any location where MdM will be developing and implementing activities in Eastern Ukraine.
The MHPSS Manager is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of all MHPSS activities of MdM in Luhansk Oblast GCA; is actively involved in all stages of the project management cycle; supervises technically all MHPSS staff members at regional level; and ensures adherence to international MHPSS sphere standards and national implementation plans. Works closely with the MEAL department to incorporate MHPSS M&E guidelines into MdM’s monitoring systems; and facilitates a qualitative access to MHPSS services of MdM.
- Assesses the needs in capacity building, makes suggestions on the improvement of technical and professional efficacy, conduct MHPSS internal trainings
- Conducts regular technical supervision of MdM psychologists and other MH team members related to MHPSS cases, including gender-based violence (GBV)
- Is responsible for helping ensure all MHPSS activities in Luhansk oblast are on schedule and implemented with a high quality of care for beneficiaries
- Provides managerial supervision and technical support in the MHPSS interventions on a field level (i.e. MU psychologists and the Community MH Officer, PM+ Program manager in order to ensure effective and efficient implementation of mental health and psychosocial support given to beneficiaries
- Supports the team in the implementation of MdM Mental Health and GBV Guidelines and procedures so all components of the program are consistent and in link with international MHPSS standards
- Assesses needs of training for MdM staff/partners and assist in organizing and/or in providing trainings accordingly on a variety of topics in coordination with MHCo and MedCo
- Develops and/or adapt specific didactic materials for capacity building and awareness-raising activities on MHPSS and GBV
- Supports the development and maintenance of quality referral pathways for MHPSS needs identified through MdM activities
- Follows up the quality of MHPSS activities through regular field visits and monitoring of data collection processes
- Maintains a regular communication with relevant staff to help better improve the performance and answer the pressing needs that have been identified
- Coordinates closely with Field Coordinator and Mental Health Coordinator through regular discussions/ communication to help enhance program implementation
- Collaborates and participates, in any field survey, data collection and/or needs assessment organized by MdM in relation to mental health
- When needed, provides psychological support to patients according to MdM protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality
- Participates in the recruitment of local mental health staff for the organization
- Assures direct management of MHPSS projects (i.e. PM+ project; MHPSS Hub in Stanitsa - Lugansk) and functional management to MU psychologists
- Conducts annual appraisals of staff under his/her supervision
- Provides follow up and approval of working hours and leaves of the staff under his/her supervision
- Contributes to capacity building of the MH team on the base in Severodonetsk
Coordination with NGOs, local associations:
- Maintains regular contacts with other NGOs and organizations, through meetings, training, workshops, etc.
- Attends regular Health Cluster and GBV meetings at field level
- Ensures coordination and communication with health partners and MdM project partners in collaboration with Liaison Officer
- Provides a short summary when meetings are attended
- Assures field data compilation and data analysis (supported by MEAL officer) of MHPSS activities to feed into monthly Situational report to the FieldCo, which is followed by the review of MHCo,
- Follow-ups on the mental health data on a regular basis and develop corrective measures when needed, in coordination with MHCo and/or FieldCo
- Contributes to technical reports on MHPSS activities, in coordination with MHCo
- Applies and respects MDM security rules in the mission
- Performs other additional duties on request of the MHCo and FieldCo
- Assists in the development, coordination, implementation and technical supervision of MdM’s MHPSS activities in Luhansk oblast
Note: This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation
Minimum level of competency:
- Degree in Psychology, or other relevant field and/or training in Psychology
- Excellent knowledge of the Project Management Cycle
- Significant experience working with NGOs and INGOs in humanitarian response
- Experience in mental health and psychosocial support during emergency response, including support to victims of gender-based violence
- Familiarity with international standards of MHPSS, including IASC Guidelines and evidence-based interventions
- Experience in development and implementation of a supervision and follow-up framework is desirable
- Experience of developing team and organizational capacity through trainings and supervision
- Training design, content development and delivery
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Knowledge of global and national public health and mental health context is an asset
- Knowledge of Ukrainian policy and national guidelines on mental health and gender-based violence
- Experience in networking and coordination with local authorities, partners and staff to ensure quality referral process
- Ability to have a strategic view on programme implementation process
Language and computer skills:
- English / Russian / Ukrainian (fluent writing and speaking);
- Competency in Microsoft Office Environment.
- Diplomacy, reactiveness, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Gender sensitive and able to align with the principles and ethics of MdM
To apply:Send CV (inc reference contacts)+cover letter with the “MHPSS Manager - Severodonetsk” notice :
through the link: https://rabota.ua/company3351530/vacancy7705883
to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
to e-mail: email@example.com
- Fixed term contract until the 30/04/2020 with possible extension (depends on successful performance and availability of funds).
- Salary according to the MDM salary Grid.
- Medical insurance.
- Full -time job
- Location: Severodonetsk
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.
Position will be filled on an ongoing basis.