Medicos del Mundo - Лікарі світу шукає MEAL Assistant / асистента з моніторингу та оцінки в м. Бахмут. Дедлайн - 14 лютого 2020 року.
The humanitarian aid organizations “Medicos del Mundo” and “Arzte der Welt” are the Spanish and German division of the international network Medecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM).
MDM has been operating in Ukraine since August 2015 and is currently implementing an emergency response and recovery program in the Eastern part of Ukraine.
The program is implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH, MHPSS and support to GBV survivors); strengthening of local health system (with a specific focus on PHC, SRH, MHPSS and GBV) through capacity building of health and non-health staff, awareness raising and advocacy.
For our program in Ukraine, to support our activities, we are looking for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Assistant (MEAL Assistant) based in Bakhmut with frequent trips to locations within Bakhmut rayon of Donetsk oblast GCA.
S/he provides support to MEAL Officer in the planning and implementing the MEAL system in collaboration with operation and medical units.
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Officer, the MEAL Assistant carries following responsibilities:
MEAL System planning and implementing
- Support a data collection for developing and planning the MEAL system
- Assist in establishing and updating the M&E tracking database
- Collect information on progress of each project activity and enter into the database
- Ensure that data reported by the field teams meets the dimension of data quality
- Support in collecting beneficiaries’ stories on the community level
- Assist in analyzing and compiling the data to measure the progress and impact of project activities
- Provide assistance in monitoring& evaluation, data collection and data delivery to MEAL Officer
Accountability and Learning
- Assist in that project activities are designed to promote feedback and response mechanisms and include systems to effectively manage complaints and lessons learned
- Support development of Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) and beneficiary feedback mechanism
- Support in preparing M&E data for MdM advocacy team and program staff representing the organization in various advocacy, partner and stakeholder events.
- Assist in producing M&E reports containing summary data, reviewing overall performance against targets
Qualifications & Skills required:
- Academic background: - University degree. Degree in social sciences and/or computer sciences is an asset
The successful candidate must have:
- Previous experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative evaluations (surveys, social studies, technical papers etc…)
- Previous experience working with humanitarian organizations
- At least 1 year of Monitoring and Evaluation experience (essential), preferably in non-for-profit sector
Personal skills required:
- Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
- Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to listen and share decisions.
- Team player and good sense of humor.
- Alignment with principles and ethics of MdM.
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines.
Language and computer skills:
Send CV (inc reference contacts)+cover letter with the “MEAL Assistant - Bakhmut” notice :
through the link: https://rabota.ua/company3351530/vacancy7633487
to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
to e-mail: email@example.com
Deadline for applications - 14/02/2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.