Міжнародна організація «Менеджмент Сайенс фор Хелс, Інк.» (MSH), що впроваджує в Україні Проект USAID «Безпечні та доступні ліки» (SAFEMed), оголошує конкурс на вакансію старшого технічного радника із забезпечення лікарськими засобами.
In September 2017, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year Health Safe, Affordable, and Effective Medicines (SAFEMed) contract to the Management Sciences for Health (MSH). SAFEMed applies health system-strengthening best practices to create evidence-based interventions and strengthen Ukraine’s pharmaceutical system in line with the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) health care reform objectives. SAFEMed seeks to improve access to appropriate, quality medicines to maximize availability within MOH’s budgetary constraints. SAFEMed interventions will institutionalize rational medicine selection, strengthen and systematize public procurement of pharmaceuticals and commodities, support sustainable public sector pharmaceutical financing, and strengthen the pharmaceutical supply chain in collaboration with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), the MOH and the National Health Service of Ukraine (NHSU), civil society partners, other implementing partners, and the private sector. By the end of SAFEMed, Ukraine’s pharmaceutical system will be more transparent and cost-efficient and the availability of medicines will increase, thereby supporting the GOU goal of a health care system that produces desired health outcomes.
In pursuit of its goal, SAFEMed has three primary project objectives:
- Strengthening governance within the pharmaceutical sector of Ukraine;
- Optimizing the financing of the pharmaceutical sector; and
- Increasing the availability and appropriate use of medicines in Ukraine.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: The Senior Technical Advisor (STA) for Supply Chain Management is the lead technical specialist responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all SAFEMed supply chain activities especially as they relate to the Ukraine HIV/ AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) programs. The STA provides technical leadership and direction for the development and implementation of innovative strategies and activities to support the strengthening of supply management systems in Ukraine.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION: A postgraduate education in a field of study closely related to the assigned responsibilities is required.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 7+ years of related experience in the area of procurement and other aspects of supply chain is required, especially in the areas of HIV/AIDS and TB.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Advanced degree in pharmacy, law, medicine, business administration or related field with a background in public health/procurement
- At least seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in pharmaceutical supply chain management at the policy and/or implementation level with advanced knowledge of forecasting.
- Familiarity with public health, TB, and HIV/AIDS programming, data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Experience working with MOH and national level organizations.
- Knowledge of international commodity procurement systems and procedures.
- Strong project management and communication skills required.
- Experience in development of orders and decrees around pharmaceutical management.
- Previous experience working with the private sector is plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants, sound judgment and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently.
- Superb Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment.
- Meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical assistance to the MOH, Centre of Public Health and local partners in the area of pharmaceutical management and policy/legislation as it relates to the Supply Chain.
- Guide and oversee the work of technical consultants (both internal and external) to ensure they have what they need to carry out their work and ensure deliverables are achieved in a timely and quality manner.
- Develop Scopes of Work for external consultants and monitor their progress to achieve deliverables.
- Lead team with members from both within MSH and outside to ensure project objectives are reached even if team members are not the STA’s direct reports.
- Serve as the key liaison with the MOH and Centre of Public Health on key PEPFAR related areas.
- Supervise Technical Advisor and coordinate activities with other Senior Technical Advisors on the project.
- Work with the Project Director and technical team to develop and implement work plans and budgets that integrate supply chain objectives with broader SAFEMed activities.
- Work with the administrative team to provide them with the information and budgets needed to support the logistical needs for supply chain activities in a timely manner.
- Write technical reports in English and/or Ukrainian as required and edit and provided comments on reports generated by technical consultants.
- Ability to develop and make presentations on technical pharmaceutical supply chain issues to high-ranking members.
- Represent the SAFEMed at various technical meetings with other cooperating agencies, collaborating partners, senior government officials and/or donor agencies.
- Collaborate with the MOH, CPH and implementing partners to assure that effective and efficient supply chain systems are in place for HIV/AIDS and TB medicines and other key commodities.
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing capacity development activities for strengthening national and regional level pharmaceutical supply chains, and building expertise in monitoring and supervision in collaboration with the MOH and other relevant team members and partners.
- Develop a clear strategy on the private sector engagement as part of HIV/AIDS Response in Ukraine.
Reporting and Metrics
- Monitor and document progress of activities toward achieving results of the supply chain workstream of the approved SAFEMed Annual Implementation Plan (AIP).
- Contribute to regular quarterly and annual reports for USAID/Ukraine, and in any other reporting requirements for the SAFEMed as needed.
- Undertake other relevant activities as requested by the Country Director.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS – open until filled.
The interested candidates are invited to send their CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Technical Advisor”.