Health Governance Specialist в ПРООН в Україні. Дедлайн - 10 лютого 2020 року.
Title: Health Governance Specialist
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 10/02/2020
Duty Station: Kramatorsk, Ukraine
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: 12 months with possible extension
The ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine has had a direct and highly negative impact on social cohesion, resilience, livelihoods, community security, and the rule of law. Recognizing the need to urgently address reconstruction, economic recovery and peacebuilding needs in areas affected both directly and indirectly by the conflict, in late 2014 the Government of Ukraine requested technical assistance and financial support from the international community to assess priority recovery needs. In late 2014, the United Nations, the World Bank and the European Union conducted a Recovery and Peacebuilding Assessment, which was endorsed by the Cabinet of Ministers in mid-2015.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesKey functions:
- Provide expert and technical advisory support to local authorities and communities in development and implementation of the strategy of health through informational, educational and capacity development activities for regional and local authorities, staff of the hospitals and population;
- Develop and conduct the health reform implementation plan on regional level;
- Collect and analyze the official annual data, disaggregated by sex, on Non Communicable Diseases (NCDs), Communicable Diseases (tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, etc.) for adopting the implementation plan;
- Conduct workshops on gender-responsive good governance, budgeting and financial planning of local health care expenditure for local authorities/doctors in profile departments;
- Develop the professional platform for networking and partnership building with national and regional authorities, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), private sector and international development organizations or projects;
- Support in organization of study visits of two sub-national stakeholders to EU country to benchmark and contribute to the evidence base on what is needed in terms of health governance, planning and budgeting, service delivery and quality of services that responds to the needs of women and men;
- Contribute to capacity assessment, capacity building and technical assistance for improvement of medical services on local level;
- Conduct the trainings on external resource mobilization and grant management for healthcare authorities, and members of territorial communities (hromad);
- Develop pilot «hospital districts» (HDs) activities in Donetsk and Lugansk oblasts and conduct capacity assessment of medical institutions in these targeted hospital districts;
- Support the hospital district boards in developing the five years development plan, based on the international experience;
- Provide the best practice point in these hospital districts and share their experience for other hospital districts in each region;
- Provide a clear interaction of authorities of territorial communities (hromad) with authorities of hospital districts;
- Contribute to preparation and implementation of communication strategy for promoting health reform efforts based on the principles of gender-responsive and non-discriminatory communications;
- Prepare reports, memoranda, briefs, presentations and other materials related to health policy and reform;Ensure the development of cross-project linkages with other relevant UN projects and programmes and other stakeholders’ projects in order to create synergies.
- Provide and conduct the trainings, seminar, webinar using the international best practices and guidelines for the local authorities, doctors, health care managers, paramedics, students of medical colleges/ universities, journalists;
- Provide substantial inputs to promotion of private medicine development through educating of primary care doctors on establishing of individual enterprise;
- Monitor, coordinate and supervise field activities and provide technical support to ensure the Component objectives are met;
- Ensure that programme contributes to the promotion of gender equality by reaching, involving and benefiting both women and men in its activities (gender mainstreaming);
- Facilitate programme monitoring and evaluation, as well as audit activities;
- Prepare sections of the Programme/Component reports, including progress and annual reports, as well as any ad-hoc technical reports;
- Perform other activities as requested by Programme Coordinator and UNDP Management.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Full and appropriate implementation of the health care reform support activities within decentralization;
- Results, experiences and lessons learned during implementation of the Health Reform of the local Level of the Programme disseminated at the national and regional levels;
- Reporting and quality monitoring activities completed.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results:
- Respective sections of the annual work plan for the support to the regional health care system and addressing specific needs of the local population component of Programme is fully and timely implemented;
- Funds delivery allocated for health care support activities reached 100%;
- Programme and Component activities are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- Corporate competencies:
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Conflict Management;
- Result orientation;
- Self -management and emotional intelligence.
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing.
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches.
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals.
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters’ degree or equivalent in Management, Medicine Sciences, Political Science, Public Health, Social Science, or another relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of public health, social policy or local governance;
- Experience in leading teams is required;
- Experience in reform (preferably health sector), advisory and advocacy services, and capacity development would be considered as an advantage;
- Work experience within government institutions will be considered as an advantage.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, sectionjobs and apply only: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=28314&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10 February 2020.