Team Lead will conduct a detailed needs assessment (the content part and the IT part, together with IT experts), shape product vision, set development priorities and maintain development strategy based on stakeholder needs.
Agriteam is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Agriteam Canada:
Agriteam Canada is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Agriteam has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Agriteam presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the SURGe Project:
In October 2019, Agriteam Canada launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe).
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform Initiative and Position Summary:
The National Educational Digital Platform is a key component of the New Ukrainian School.
The reform was kickstarted by the new Law on Education. According to the Law, new competency-based and values-oriented curricula has to be imposed. Public management will be decentralized, schools and teachers get more autonomy. Teacher role, tasks and responsibilities will be revised. New opportunities for private and other types of schools will be introduced, while teacher training market will be liberalized. New market of modern learning resources, materials and technologies needs to be built virtually from the scratch.
The National Educational Digital Platform will provide teachers with online training, digital learning resources, learning management capabilities. Cutting-edge educational technology and modern content will help teachers and students to create personalized learning experience through multiple learning profiles, developmental theories and their implications for practice, enable them to assess and employ a variety of teaching strategies to meet individual needs of each and every student.
For this reform initiative, the SURGe Project is looking for a Team Lead who will conduct a detailed needs assessment (the content part and the IT part, together with IT experts), shape product vision, set development priorities and maintain development strategy based on stakeholder needs.
Team Lead will be based in Kyiv.
Level of Effort: Full time.
The duration of the contract is till June 2020 with a possibility of extensions (subject to additional approvals and results achieved during the previous contract).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate should be able to get registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3rd group (consultancy services).
Indicative Duties and Responsibilities (scope of work, to be confirmed after the needs assessment):
- Together with other experts in the team: define a work plan (general scope of work outlined in the Reform Initiative and Position Summary section);
- Lead the team, ensure delivery of the results as per the agreed scope of work;
- Needs assessment and analysis:
- Liaison with the Ministry and other stakeholders to conduct a detailed needs assessment: the required functionality and content for the ePlatform, processes, services for users and other parameters;
- Review the previously developed IT solutions and recommendations, analyze existing server capacity and other technical parameters;
- With the Ministry, develop the strategic vision of the ePlatform;
- Develop the detailed implementation plan for the ePlatform;
- Coordinate team in developing IT solutions, documentation, drafting the necessary legislation;
- Ensure coordination with stakeholders.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Considerable experience in team and project management with understanding of project management phases;
- 5+ experience in modern software engineering processes and principles;
- 3+ experience in front-end and back-end development, server and database environments;
- Able to translate complex requirements to IT and solutions/issues to stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written). Ability to work with objections is a must;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Impeccable ethical standards.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on 31 January 2020 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English;
2) Applicant’s letter of interest.
Please ensure to stateTeam Lead on e-Platform in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.