ПРООН шукає Small Grants Associate.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been active and present in eastern Ukraine for the past decade, prior to the conflict, with a focus on community development, civil society development, and environmental protection. Work on addressing the specific conflict-related development challenges discussed above built on this earlier engagement, established partnerships, and started in 2015 through the Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (RPP). The RPP is a multi-donor funded framework programme formulated and led by the UNDP in collaboration with the Government of Ukraine and in cooperation with a number of partnering UN agencies (UN Women, FAO, UNFPA).
UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Small Grants Associate (SGA) to assist in the process of identification, preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the small grant support for the projects and initiatives at the local and regional levels.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Perform administrative support functions to facilitate the implementation of the programme component activities related to grant-making process;
- Assure smooth operational running of the programme small-grants related activities by following established operational rules and procedures, including preparation of the supporting documentation for contracts, grant agreements and payments;
- Support the implementation of the call for proposals and grantee selection processes including through review and assessment of concept notes and full-fledged proposals, accompanying budgets and monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of grants management related database and files;
- Maintain the grants application system;
- Support close and effective cooperation with community mobilization team, rule of law, social cohesion and community security team, decentralization and support to small business components on the issues of implementation of the planned grants related activities;
- Facilitate provision of guidance to all potential grant applicants to support the completion of applications, including concept notes and full-fledged proposals;
- Implement the grant allocation processes ensuring coordination with all relevant stakeholders, in line with the grant agreements and/or guidelines;
- Support monitoring recipient organizations’ compliance with programmatic and financial rules;
- Ensure a centralized portfolio of all active and closed grants is up to date;
- Support cooperation with the project partners that provide assistance in the implementation of the project small grants scheme to ensure its effectiveness;
- Support monitoring grantee performance to ensure achievement of project performance targets and proper use of funds by reviewing grantee programmatic and financial reports, performing site and event visits to grantees;
- Consult grantees on financial accounting and reporting issues concerning grant project budget is in compliance with the UNDP SOPs;
- Ensure mainstreaming of gender equality considerations in the field of expertise, promotion of a safe and enabling environment free of any kind of discrimination and abusive behaviour, collection of data disaggregated by sex, age and other identifiers, and gender-responsive communications based on corporate principles;Undertake technical and monitoring missions to grant recipient projects;
- Facilitate and provide support to programme grants management related monitoring, evaluation and audit missions;
- Prepare and monitor operations budget for small grants, assist in preparation of programme component budget and maintain necessary budgetary controls and records related to small grants;
- Ensure process of payment requests and payments within the limits of the programme component budget for small grants;
- Prepare accurate budget revisions related to small grants activities;
- Maintain the filing system;
- Ensure close and regular coordination with partner agencies regarding planned and implementing activities related to the small grants support;
- Prepare small grants related correspondence, maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, etc.;
- Facilitate small grants related training/learning activities.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration Political Science, Economics, Law, Finance, Accounting, Social Sciences or other related fields;
- At least 3 years of practical experience of working in the field of civil society, administration, finance, programme/project support or other relevant fields;
- Experience in grant management, especially in the areas of community security, local development, social cohesion, civic engagement, support to civil society is an advantage;
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel etc.), experience in handling of web-based management systems; experience in ATLAS an advantage;
- Previous experience within UNDP or other UN agencies, a governmental, other multilateral or civil society organization is highly desirable;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
This is a locally recruited position and no expatriation benefits will apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 07 January 2020.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply