MSF Ukraine шукає адвокаційного менеджера.
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. We offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF Ukraine is looking for:
The Advocacy Manager is responsible for all advocacy activities in the Mission in line with MSF policies and values, following the Operational line and linked with the HQ Analysis Unit. The Advocacy Manager reports to the Head of Mission and is a member of the mission CMT and acts as a sparring-partner for all operational and medical teams.
- Review and implement advocacy strategy.
- Context analysis - in cooperation with other individuals in the mission, analyze the current situation concerning healthcare and humanitarian situation in Ukraine and its developments, including key actors (national and international), funding, supply and gaps.
- Provide data and discourse analysis in support of the Head of Mission to inform MSF positioning in-country.
- Content creation - in cooperation with Communications Manager, development of key messages in line with policy and advocacy objective.
- Build relationships/network - liaise and develop relationships with potential allies (civil society, government, NGOs, Humanitarian actors, etc).
- Advocacy support and regional cooperation - support MSF movement partners in designing and implementing their advocacy strategies.
- Support data collection; propose improvements in the methodologies and tools used.
- Arrange and attend external meetings with advocacy targets. Organize and maintain calendar of external advocacy in support to MSF activities in Ukraine. Write up minutes to ensure timely feedback from the mission and MSF HQ.
- Field visit - travel to project locations, including for several days per month.
- Masters’ degree (e.g. anthropology/social/political sciences, law, protection).
- Field humanitarian experience in similar contexts (conflict, disasters, resource-poor environments) - MSF or other humanitarian NGOs; advocacy experience desirable.
- Knowledge of TB and HIV, and experience in the field of health, medicine or the pharmaceutical industry is desirable; Experience in operational research and structure is highly desirable.
- Experience in liaising with members of the governments, pharmaceutical companies, NGOs, and/or multi-lateral organizations.
- Demonstrate track record of analysis, analytic problem-solving/seeking solutions to challenges, reports writing; Campaigning organizational experience an asset.
- Fluent English and Ukrainian is essential
- Russian desirable
- Computer literacy (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Excellent analysis, writing, reporting, presentation and communication skills
- Stress management
- Genuine interests in understanding and commitment to humanitarian principles and challenges in Ukraine and in MSF;
- Good understanding of current humanitarian debates and of the dilemma/compromise nature of modern humanitarian interventions.
Gross monthly salary (before taxation): 38763 UAH.
Type of agreement: Civil law agreement - three (3) months extendable (12 months, renewable) with labor agreement.
Closing date: January 10, 2020 (due to the urgency of this position the recruitment can be finalized before the closing date of the position).