Представництво Датської Ради шукає Livelihoods Assistant (EU4YOUTH) м.Слов'янськ. Дедлайн - 31 грудня 2019 року.
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for the Project Assistant based in Slovyansk for EU funded livelihoods project aiming to provide economic opportunities for youth.
About the job
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. In Ukraine DRC operates since 2007. From 2015 on, DRC successfully implements livelihoods programmes aimed to provide IDPs and conflict-affected population with income-earning opportunities thus strengthening their resilience.
We are looking for motivated and energetic individual, willing to learn, grow professionally and develop new skills within humanitarian/development field. As the Project Assistant you will be responsible for providing programme, administrative, logistical and secretarial support to the project management. One of the main functions of the position is working with the employment centres located in Donetsk oblast and participate in needs based assistance provision to them. You will also work with the project management to ensure that field staff is supported with necessary administrative/logistical services and liaiase with the local implementing partner NGO. At the same time this position will provide secretarial support such as: maintaining project files, processing of all project correspondence, ensure effective communication support within the assigned project area, provide interpretational serviced and conduct document translation and input field generated data into project data base when required. You should at the same time promote DRC’s values through various entry points in the project and preserve staff moral and enthusiasm for the project work.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Under the supervision of the National Project Manager (NPM) ensure that the project staff is provided with all the necessary program, finance and administration support;
- Establish and maintain an organized project filing system for all the project office using relevant DRC conventions;
- Ensure in-time submission of all the data files and reports by the project officers;
- Consolidation and primary analysis of the project project data before presenting them to NPM;
- Upon request, input field data into project data base/statistical analysis computer programs;
- Primary control over the project budget lines spending before submission of the order requests to NPM for the approval;
- Assist as necessary with the logistical arrangements for receiving external consultants/visitors within the project, prepare background information for consultants/visitors to the project area;
- Ensure the official project correspondence in hard copy, faced and e-mail form is delivered to and received in legible form by addressees;
- Maintain when required communication and arrange appointments for the project related visitors and schedule meetings as appropriate with project implementation partners, beneficiaries representatives, government officials and other stakeholders;
- Take minutes of the meetings when requested;
- Carry out general typing/photo-copying assignments when presented by the project staff;
- Maintain the project-related stationary supplies; identify office equipment purchase and maintenance needs and prepare and follow-up on associated procurement requests;
- Translate project documentation from Ukrainian/Russian into English and vice versa;
- Provide translation/interpretation services within the project, external consultants plus visitors at meeting and during field visits to project sites;
- Act as interpreter during workshops, conferences and meetings with the project partners, community representatives and other stakeholders;
- Translate correspondence to/from English as needed including the preparation of conference/workshop/the project events;
- Write reviews on the project cases, inputs to the project newsletter, success stories etc.;
- Maintain good working relations within DRC and other organizations in the area of responsibility;
- Understand, and ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct;
- Perform other tasks as requested by DRC management.
To be successful in this role we expect you to be disciplined, responsible, reliable and well organized, committed to professional development; able and willing to learn and extend scope of work and to organize prioritization and planning; possess excellent inter-personal, communication and negotiation skills, professional writing skills, high proficiency in English.
Required experience and technical competencies
- Experience in working with IDPs and conflict-affected population;
- Story-writing skills;
- Ability to take initiatives and work without constant supervision;
- Capacity to manage stress and flexibility for long working hours;
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job.
Contract length: 1 year with possibility for extension
Level: I (National scale)
Start date: middle January 2020
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
LINK TO APPLY : https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=152953&uiculture=eng&MediaId=5
Closing date for applications: 31 December 2019
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact [email protected]
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.