Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Finance Assistant.
Chemonics seeks qualified specialists for the USAID Ukraine Democratic Governance East (DG East) Activity. The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s purpose is to “strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine” and methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East will provide opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives. The position will be based in Severodonetsk.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review all payment requests generated by the office, ensuring that all back-up documentation and approvals are available for transactions
- Prepare electronic payment files for e-signature by PM or GM
- Scan and file accounting documents and prepare shipments of files to the Kyiv and home office
- Proactively identify errors and/or missing documentation to ensure compliance of financial documentation
- Assist the finance and administration team with ensuring all financial documentation is field (securely) in both hard copy and scanned and saved in project digital files
- Conduct regular (not less rarely than once per calendar year) reconciliation of vendors’ and service provider’s settlement accounts
- Prepare letters, correspondence, requisitions and other forms of documents of consequence to be signed by management
- Explain generally accepted accounting principles, USAID and Chemonics regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary
- Assist the Finance Manager with occasional auditing of expenses, bank deposits, issuing payments to vendors, as well as ensuring proper stewardship and accounting of funds for in-kind cash grants, other program activities and program operations.
- Review short-term consultants timesheet and Acts of Acceptance in a timely manner, making sure that requested amount is in line with service agreements and approved through time-sheet or through Act of Acceptances.
- Prepare electronic bank payments through the Program’s Electronic banking system “Clitidirect”.
- Supervises and contributes to maintaining the Project’s Vendor Database tracker
- Supervises and contributes to maintaining the Project’s Payment Request tracker
- Prepare package of documentation required for VAT-exemptions. Prepare monthly informational reports and maintain received VAT bills and ensure their timely receiving. Manage process with USAID related to VAT exemptions.
- University degree in business administration, finance, or related field required OR at least one (1) year of relevant bookkeeping, financial management, and/or accounting experience required, with preference for USAID-funded project management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of office management and knowledge of basic accounting and accounting practices as well as general best practices in Ukraine
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple deadlines assignments in a fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good judgement that reflects positively on the DG East program.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred but not required
- Ability to effectively use computer software including financial management applications
- Ability to effectively use internet banking system.
- Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is also a requirement
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian, Russian, and English
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line: “FA-SEV” by December 9, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”