Проект USAID «Економічна підтримка Східної України» шукає Community Development Officer. Дедлайн - 30 дистопада 2019 року.
USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA), implemented by DAI GLOBAL LLC, empowers business and community development in eastern Ukraine. The project works in particular with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in manufacturing and engineering sectors to promote innovations, and expand to new markets across Ukraine, the European Union, and other destinations.
To strengthen our team and community development footprint in the Azov region, we are looking for highly qualified Community Development Officers for Mariupol. Youwill work with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, and SME-friendly economy.
About the job
The Community DevelopmentOfficer will coordinate expansion of strategic visioning/planning framework for helping target communities to set up new optimistic visions of the future and plans to reach that vision. In coordination with Mariupol Representative Office Lead ensure soliciting, selecting and development of interventions with partners which Activity will realize.
The CMO will help to ensure soliciting, selecting and development of interventions with partners which Activity will realize, and together with the Mariupol Representative Office Lead help those community develop and implement personalized growth strategies. Tools for this will include direct consulting, engaging outside consultants on case by case basis, assisting community in preparation for strategic planning and development, etc.
The CDO should be in collaboration with the Activity staff, the candidate will help establish, schedule and execute of events in according with work plan in the Azov region, assure appropriate engagement with IDPs, youth and women and other affinity groups, coordination and management of interventions in ERA targeted territories. The CDO should be work closely with Communication team on all issues related to ERA visibility, introduce local business owners, local representatives and business service providers, prepare written analytical reports, correspondence, public information and other communications materials.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Work with consultants, strategic planning committees and local government officials to find resources for implementation support including better revenue and budgeting programs, PPPs, improving creditworthiness with the commercial banking system and accessing state funds.
- Facilitation of cooperative work with government bodies and local government. Prepare written analytical reports, correspondence, public information and other communications materials.
- Coordination with communication team to produce info on progress, achievements and success stories.
- Aid with data collection, interviews, surveys, and data entry.
- Support with the preparation of presentations, weekly reports, meeting notes, and other deliverables.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a proven experience and capability to consult top management executives of Ukrainian community development; solid experience in providing operational or technical assistance to development programming in Ukraine or similar country context, manage community development and infrastructure projects.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Solid leadership and organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Ukrainian;
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to work in the field
- Experience working in the field of local community development
- Experience managing economic development and infrastructure projects
- Good interpersonal skills, and ability to succeed in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience working in Eastern Ukraine
- Experience with USAID-funded projects
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2023.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Mariupol
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: December 2019 or January 2020
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: November 30, 2019 COB
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com
If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine