The Civil Society Development Foundation (CSDF Romania) is pleased to launch the new Black Sea NGO Fellowship Program.
The program runs under the aegis of the Black Sea NGO Forum and is financed by Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation. The objectives aim to increase the level of dialogue, mutual knowledge and coordination among NGOs in the Black Sea region.
The first series of the program (March – April 2010) is directed towards NGO professionals from Republic of Moldova and Ukraine. A fellow from each country will be working for one month at the Secretariat of the Black Sea NGO forum, which is currently ensured by the Civil Society Development Foundation.
Fellows’ tasks will regard:
- being involved in the process of programming and organizing the 3rd edition of the Forum (October 2010);
- establishing new contacts and communicating with representatives of NGOs in the Black Sea region;
- developing proposals and organizing activities related to the Forum;
- designing and updating the Forum webpage and newsletter.
The fellows will be also involved in:
- study visits to Romanian NGOs and public authorities relevant to their specific domains of interest;
- relevant events for their specific domains of interest.
Profile of Ukrainian candidates
We look for:
Candidates aged 25 – 35 employed fulltime in an Ukrainian NGO on a management position (at least project managers).
The ideal candidate should have:
- minimum 2 years experience in the NGO sector in Ukraine;
- very good level of proficiency in English and an intermediate level of proficiency in Russian;
- experience in writing reports and informing materials on NGO activities;
- experience in events’ organizing;
- analysis and synthesis skills;
- communication skills;
- teamwork skills.
- motivating per diem;
- accommodation, meals, transport and communication costs covered;
- medical insurance and consular fees covered;
- opportunity for professional development by attending training courses organized by CSDF.
The application deadline for candidates from Ukraine is 15 March 2010. The fellow will be staying in Romania for 1 month: April 2010.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- application form (attached);
- letter of motivation in English;
- CV (in English);
- letter of recommendation from the current supervisor;
- letter of recommendation from a referee outside the NGO the applicant is currently working for;
- letter of support from the current employer – the Employer Agreement (attached).
The best scored candidates will attend a skype / phone interview during 16 – 18 March 2010. The selected candidate will be announced on 22 March 2010.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact us:
Ms. Andreea Sorescu, Program Coordinator, Civil Society Development Foundation (email@example.com).