Finance Specialist у ПРООН в Україні. Дедлайн - 7 листопада 2019 року.
Finance Specialist у ПРООН в Україні.
Title: Finance Specialist
Practice Area - Job Family: Management
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA): 07/11/2019
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Education & Work Experience: I-Master’s Level Degree - 3 year(s) experience
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: 6 months with possible extension up to the end of the project
At the United Nations Sustainable Summit held in September 2015, 193 UN Member States adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, operationalizing 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 specific targets. The Agenda commits all countries to work together to promote sustainable and inclusive socioeconomic growth and environmental protection for future generations, including women, men, girls, and boys across all levels - national, sub-national, and local.
The 2017 National Baseline Report ‘Sustainable Development Goals: Ukraine’, which was prepared and published by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, clearly indicates that accruing problems in the housing sector, including those related to energy efficiency, represent one of the major development challenges for sustainable development of cities and communities.
In 2017, the European Commission adopted a new Energy Efficiency Support Programme for Ukraine (EE4U), aimed at contributing to increased energy efficiency in the Ukrainian residential sector and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In this context, the EU, together with Germany, will support the activities of the Energy Efficiency Fund in providing grants to energy efficient renovations of multi-apartment buildings across Ukraine. UNDP was called upon by the EU to contribute, through technical assistance, to the improvement of the Ukrainian housing stock energy efficiency within the project “Home Owners of Ukraine for Sustainable Energy Solutions (HOUSES)”
Specifically, UNDP will be intervening during a period of 24 months to mobilize and fully prepare home owners (HOAs) throughout the country for projects’ financing and implementation, building on its country-wide network of partnerships with regional and local governments, and its long standing experience of bottom-up citizen mobilization for common action, including the creation of home-owner associations in the context of the EU-UNDP project Community-Based Approach to Local Development.
In this context, United Nations Development Programme in Ukraine is recruiting a professional with relevant experience and track record for the position of a Finance Specialist, who will ensure transparent and efficient gender-responsive financial and procurement services and processes during the whole HOUSES project implementation period. He/she will work in close collaboration with other project staff of the Oblast SDGs potfolio and will help to resolve complex financial issues and ensure full compliance of the Portfolio’ s financial activities with UNDP rules and regulations
The Finance Specialist will supervise the Finance Assistant and co-supervise the 24 Community Development Associates on the finance- related issues. The incumbent will prioritize gender equality and women’s empowerment within all implementations and promote UNDP’s mandate as a gender-responsive organization with zero tolerance to any kind of discriminatory and abusive behaviour, including sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Ensuring elaboration and implementation of operational strategies and procedures;
- Ensuring full compliance of finance activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including standards of sustainable and gender-responsive procurement and budgeting;
- Ensuring effective and accurate financial resources management and oversight. Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management project;
- Updating regularly the UNDP Oblast SDGs Portfolio Manager and project staff with financial progress and payment process;
- Preparing financial reports to donors and upon request of the UNDP SDGs Oblast Portfolio Manager;
- Reviewing regularly community organizations procurement and finance practices and processes and making recommendations for improving their effectiveness and efficiency;
- Developing/updating finance/procurement related guidelines for community organisations at sub-national and local level and building capacity of the project staffs to serve as resource persons in this subject;
- Administration of finance filing system; facilitating project audit;
- Ensuring that finance related processing and payment information are updated on website for stakeholders.
Ensuring implementation of operational and financial management strategies and adaptation of processes and procedures through:
- Contributing to Portfolio Manager and Programme Analyst in preparing annual workplan and related sub-plans (procurement plan, quarterly plans if required, and others as necessary), budgeting and making budget revisions and monitoring of budget utilization;
- Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including standards of sustainable and gender-responsive procurement and budgeting; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system;
- Implementing the cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with office management.
Ensure effective portfolio’s programme finance management and focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system;
- Monitors financial exception reports of developing projects for unusual activities, transactions and investigates anomalies;
- Supporting financial resources management planning of resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets of management projects.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Regular exchange of information/experience with other projects, cross-learning and sharing results and good practices based on UNDP’s principles of gender-responsive communications and non-discriminatory language;
- Participation in training events, communities of practice, codifying and sharing knowledge;
- Organising training on finance related processes to the project staff.
Measurable outputs of the work assigment:
- Full and appropriate use of UNDP Financial Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP Standard Operating Procedures during implementation of the Project.
Perfomance indicators for evaluation of results:
- Annual work plan for the Project is fully and timely implemented;
- Funds delivery for the Project reached 100%;
- The Project operational requirements are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning: promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example; actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness: ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting; ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/attitudinal change; Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise, Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures;
- Result orientation;
- Gender mainstreaming.
- High sense of responsibility to ensure that operational objectives, policies and requirements are met;
- Good facilitation skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Familiarity with UN/UNDP financial management procedures and experience with ATLAS would be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience in the field of, finance, financial management, auditing, or other related fields;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.);
- Experience in working on similar positions with international organizations/projects will be considered as an advantage; Experience in handling of web-based management systems would be an asset.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Ukrainian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=26706&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 7, 2019