The Norwegian Refugee Council шукає фахівця з продовольчої безпеки та життєзабезпечення.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 14000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 1000 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC is looking for Food Security Programme Officer in our office in Severodonetsk.
- Adherence to NRC policies
- Contribute to NRC strategy development and provide input on needs and gaps from relevant areas
- Serve as the main entry point for NRC’ specific project definition and implementation, in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist;
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities;
- Develop, maintain and establish excellent working relationships with a wide range of different interlocutors (Clusters, NGOs, local authorities and institutions, civil and military representatives);
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Support identification of the most vulnerable conflict affected persons that require project’s assistance.
- Registration of beneficiaries; verification of needs based on home visits;
- Distribution of assistance in line with NRC policies and donor requirements;
- Ensure proper filing of documents and timely preparation of updates and reports;
- Support baseline assessment, post distribution monitoring activities and learning initiatives.
- A degree in economics, social sciences, law, philology or business studies;
- Experience with planning, distribution and/or monitoring of humanitarian or early recovery assistance;
- Experience in working in relief operations in challenging environments;
- Experience with cash based interventions preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to liaise authoritatively with representatives of humanitarian community, local government and media, social protection institutions and other relevant actors, when required;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, both written and oral;
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Fluency in Russian and/or Ukrainian.
- Strong skills in using computers, document processing (Excel, Word, Adobe) and networking software.
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- College / University, Master / Phd grade
- Managing resources and achieving results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
Contract period: 6 Months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities
Duty station: Severodonetsk, Luhansk oblast, Ukraine
- Travel: More than 150 days travel
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please note that we will contact only with shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.